October 09, 2024, 08:22:34 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MY DILEMMA (help boyah plz)

Started by Sam, April 08, 2010, 08:28:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Just an update, I had my interview yesterday and it went REALLY well. Drat.

another jorb description:
QuoteTokyoPop Offers Students a Manga Internship Adventure
Friday March 12, 2010

TokyoPop logoAttention college students! Got plans for the summer? Los Angeles-based publisher TokyoPop wants to offer "a few good manga and anime fans" an opportunity to join the TokyoPop marketing team on a 3-month coast-to-coast adventure across the U.S. to "create a viral grassroots experience the likes of which have never been seen before."

TOKYOPOP's 2010 Digital Media Production and Marketing Summer Internship will give a few lucky college-age manga fans the chance to experience what its like to publish and promote manga from the frontlines. That means if you're one of the lucky few chosen for this job, you'll be traveling to anime and comic conventions, bookstores and comic shops to help the TokyoPop marketing crew at various promotional events, and you'll be helping to produce videos of your adventures too. While you won't be paid a salary for this internship, you will get college credit (if your school is cool with that) and your travel expenses will be covered too.

The qualifications for this gig are pretty straight forward. You should like and know about anime and manga. You need to be available for all or most of the time of the tour, which is from May 22 - September 7, 2010. You should be fairly extroverted -- or at least comfortable in front of a camera and interacting with all kinds of people. And you should be pretty adept at using online social media tools like Twitter and Facebook.

To apply for this cool summer job, follow the instructions on the TokyoPop Internship page. You'll need to sign up as a member of TokyoPop Tour Ning network, submit a resume, a writing sample and a video explaining why you're the best person for this gig. But don't snooze on this for too long -- deadline for applications is March 31, 2010.

Image credit: Ã,© TOKYOPOP
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Go Up