October 09, 2024, 10:17:59 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MY DILEMMA (help boyah plz)

Started by Sam, April 08, 2010, 08:28:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hotlikesauce.

They don't just hand these out to random fucks on youtube with a channel.

If anything it'd be good. You can record like a 1 minute video log each night and post it to your channel and your subscribers might like that. You could tell them there's a freeze on the show thing to pursue this, and give them like bi weekly updates on what you're doing or something. And at the conventions you could tell people about your youtube channel.

Sam

Quote from: Volvagia on April 10, 2010, 05:56:32 PM

Your youtube show has a lot of potential at the moment to gain thousands of subscribers a month, I think you already know this due to the sky rocket in subscribers from your new year segment of having <2,000 to what? 4k now? (too lazy to check.)

5,133  bassir;

Quote from: Nathan on April 10, 2010, 06:02:45 PM
They don't just hand these out to random fucks on youtube with a channel.

If anything it'd be good. You can record like a 1 minute video log each night and post it to your channel and your subscribers might like that. You could tell them there's a freeze on the show thing to pursue this, and give them like bi weekly updates on what you're doing or something. And at the conventions you could tell people about your youtube channel.

Well, I only make weekly videos as of right now. baddood;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Samus Aran

whoa sam i'm not subscribed to you

i thought i was

here, have another subscriber bassir;

Sam

Thank you Kaz,  giggle;

Guys, would it be weird if I made YouTube business cards to hand out to people I meet at cons?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on April 11, 2010, 01:11:03 AM
Thank you Kaz,  giggle;

Guys, would it be weird if I made YouTube business cards to hand out to people I meet at cons?
I mean you're already dressed in costume, it certainly wouldn't be any more extraordinary. Might be a good idea actually, so yeah if you can do it, why not

Zach

I personally wouldn't take the internship, mainly because it unpaid. Although it may be good experience if you're looking to go into broadcasting, your personal life and education should take precedence over something like this.

famy

Quote from: Zach on April 11, 2010, 01:58:29 AM
I personally wouldn't take the internship, mainly because it unpaid. Although it may be good experience if you're looking to go into broadcasting, your personal life and education should take precedence over something like this.
her personal life is to be recorded and put on the internet, and sam doesnt care about education lol

also its summer

Volvagia

Quote from: Sam on April 11, 2010, 01:11:03 AM
Thank you Kaz,  giggle;

From a personal experiance when people hand out business cards unless they're someone noteable or offering me a job, I just throw them away. Not sure if everyone does that or not, but it sounds like it's worth the try.

hotlikesauce.

Yeah hand out little cards with your youtube channel and information on it. Maybe not business cards, but little pamphlets or something. I don't know. But definitely promote your youtube channel at the Cons and associate yourself to whoever you're with. That'd be good for your channel.

Even if you don't make videos for a little while, people aren't going to unsubscribe.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Volvagia on April 11, 2010, 05:47:41 AM
From a personal experiance when people hand out business cards unless they're someone noteable or offering me a job, I just throw them away. Not sure if everyone does that or not, but it sounds like it's worth the try.

the difference here being that it's a Youtube channel card from a famous Youtuber girl who's geeky and likes the same stuff you do, so I think an awful lot less guys would be throwing away those cards

Sam

I'm thinking just a picture of me with my YouTube url on the bottom.

thoughts, gentlemen (or rae/lacey/any other girl who's around)?

l a c e y

you should take the internship because if you don't it'll be in the back of your mind forever. just take out a small loan for your books and get a part time job during school and pay it off right away.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

FAMY2

I say go for it. Make the most out of it. Let your fans know what the experience is like.

As far as cards go, idk, keep it simple.  Being on the road can be a scary thing no need for too much info.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Sam on April 11, 2010, 10:06:56 PM
I'm thinking just a picture of me with my YouTube url on the bottom.

thoughts, gentlemen (or rae/lacey/any other girl who's around)?

Simple and elegant is great, but you need to think a lot about which photo to use and what typesetting to do. Throw around a few possible designs in gimp/photoshop/paint and post'em here.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up