June 16, 2024, 06:38:24 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Piracy has ruined certian aspects of gaming for me.

Started by strongbad, October 21, 2009, 05:40:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Hïro on October 21, 2009, 07:40:48 PM
Guess I won't get Scribblenauts  baddood;

Nah, go for it. The controls seem to break later in the game when things get more complex, but when things work out, it's great.

Hiro

Quote from: Son Of Stallion Vol.13 on October 21, 2009, 07:49:36 PM
Nah, go for it. The controls seem to break later in the game when things get more complex, but when things work out, it's great.
but i don't have a lot of money and I'd rather buy something good if everyone's complaining about it  baddood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

YPrrrr

I don't pirate games, so I just leave games unfinished the old fashioned way

Classic

I never have pirated and never will.

And I'm too OCD about things to leave it unfinished.

Sa Da MA

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

i pirated mother 3 and earthbound but quit playing them pretty early on

The artist formally known

Quote from: Nyerp on October 22, 2009, 12:17:00 PM
i pirated mother 3 and earthbound but quit playing them pretty early on
I got to Saturn village and stopped because it was too awesome for me to continue.

Claquesous

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but when I pirate a game, I don't feel at all obligated to finish. When I buy a game, I try my hardest to sit through the game even if I don't like it (although that's not the case with Super Paper Mario and a few others), because I'll feel like I wasted money if I don't finish it. So without that driving factor, I either get stuck or bored and stop playing a pirated game.

Pirated Earthbound on two separate occasions and only played until you could first save and never played again. Kept playing on my third try, loved it, moved on to M3, beat it in three days because it was so awesome and I loved EB.. But for the most part, I can't get motivated to play all those games I pirated.

strongbad

Quote from: Claquesous on October 23, 2009, 04:07:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but when I pirate a game, I don't feel at all obligated to finish. When I buy a game, I try my hardest to sit through the game even if I don't like it (although that's not the case with Super Paper Mario and a few others), because I'll feel like I wasted money if I don't finish it. So without that driving factor, I either get stuck or bored and stop playing a pirated game.

Agreed 100%.
Even if the game isn't that great, I am still obligated and I usually force myself to love it.

Hiro

Quote from: Claquesous on October 23, 2009, 04:07:14 AM
When I buy a game, I try my hardest to sit through the game even if I don't like it (although that's not the case with Super Paper Mario and a few others)
Am I the only one that really liked that game?  saddood;

Also, I almost never finish games  >.<

Ezloﺕ

:)

Nyerp

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on October 23, 2009, 08:31:31 AM
fux u

if i had been playing it on a console, i might have actually played through

whenever i'm doing something on the computer i get distracted by the internet and always end up switching back to it baddood;

Claquesous

Quote from: Hïro on October 23, 2009, 08:25:08 AM
Am I the only one that really liked that game?  saddood;

My brother likes it, but even he stopped playing.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that one of the reasons I never finish a rom is because I don't feel like sitting at a computer playing all the time. At least on a console I get to sit back against my bed or lie down. Oddly enough, I have no problem being at the computer for hours when on the internet.

Go Up