September 27, 2024, 06:29:09 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Most memoriable/enjoyable experience with videogames

Started by strongbad, October 21, 2009, 05:36:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

There are so many that it's hard to choose just one.
I'm going to have to go with our Swim Team Sleep Over last year. We had about 18 people come over to my semi-small house, had three TV's and two projectors set up, and had an awesome Super Smash Bros 64 tournament. It was a doubles tournament, and my friend Cameron and I were partners. We had a by the first round, since we were projected to win, and we smashed on our second round opponents. When the finals came around, it was a pretty solid match. Myself (Ness) and Cameron (Fox) vs. Jimmy (Samus) and Stephen (Luigi). We did best 2/3 games with no items and 5 lives with a random map. We won our first game, and during the second game it came down to all four of us having only one life left. Literally every person at my house was in my entertainment watching this match. Cameron went in for a smash attack and got grabbed and thrown by Jimmy. It was myself vs. Jimmy and Stephen. I went in, threw Jimmy off the edge, went for a meteor smash (down-a in the air AKA instant kill if you are over the edge). While I was using my PK Thunder to get back to the edge, Stephen went down as luigi to try and land an air attack, and a fraction of a second before he hits me, my PK Thunder makes contact with myself and I go flying into him and he goes flying. Everybody cheered and I felt so badass  hocuspocus;

Sorry for the long story but yeah post yours

the shortest route to the sea

Well, there was that time that I was playing captain falcon for the RAGEAHOL factor, just running around and shouting shit. My friend was playing ness on temple, so we was pk-thundering back up to grab the edge. I run from the edge to do something stupid and suicidal, but I press the falcon punch button just right that it connects exactly when his thunder is about to hit him. He  goes flying and dies, I get hit by the thunder and nearly recover; I was too wrapped up in the awesome kill to think straight.

A lot of good brawl moments, including winning second place in 3 straight smash bros tourney's on ootsid.

But my fondest memory would be an 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM tf2 session on duel_duel2. Great fraggy fun for 5 fucking hours!

But now I don't have time for the simple pleasures of video games. Still, brawl and tf2 will always be my dears.

Oh, accidentally finding the Tisiphus Edge in Golden Sun 2, the best weapon in the game, was a huge rush.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Thyme

I know it's cliché but whatever.

This screen. This screen right there.

Took me months. maps;

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

Yeah as someone said above, as cliche as it sounds, everytime I first beat a Zelda game I would feel like the shit. And then a year later I would play through it in a month and realize how easy it really was.

Also a few RPGs always gave me some good satisfaction.

Beating Shadowgate on NES was pretty awesome.

First playing Mario 64, just because I was playing in 3D for the first time.

Geno

My first 3D game ever was Donkey Kong 64
Yeah I had nothing but a SNES until like 2000
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Sa Da MA

Jumping off a Cliff in Gears 2 with a Vehicle, and missing the landing in Co-Op.

That or...

Stabbing Ganondorf in the face in Wind Waker.

Josh

Beating Izanimi in Persona 4 is one of my favorite accomplishments, also getting the Fierce Diety mask in Majora's Mask.

StarPilot

One of my earliest gaming memories was playing Sonic 2 on my Genesis with a friend, swapping controllers every time we lost a life. Ended up playing for about 3 or so hours to get to the Death Egg. Neither of us were able to destroy Metal Sonic (or whatever they called it then), but we thought it was awesome to watch Sonic and Tails give chase in the biplane through squadrons of flying turtles and mines, only to watch the plane get shot down upon approach (the cutscene, not actually dying). Then we spent a dozen or so lives (and a few continues) trying to get past the laser trap with the floating spiked platforms. Once we did, watching Robotnik run to an escape pod and leave the atmosphere, with Sonic pursuing on the repaired/upgraded biplane.

Kalahari Inkantation

Finally completing Link's Awakening.
It was the closest I've ever come to crying during a game. cry;

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Ted on October 24, 2009, 05:49:28 AM
Finally completing Link's Awakening.
It was the closest I've ever come to crying during a game. cry;

Oh dear, I forgot about this! First game I ever really beat, greatest experience. The final boss was an anticlimax since I had the boomerang, but it was just... ;_;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Baron von Narwhal

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 24, 2009, 11:18:12 AM
Oh dear, I forgot about this! First game I ever really beat, greatest experience. The final boss was an anticlimax since I had the boomerang, but it was just... ;_;

One of my first ones too, beating it was awesome.

Can't think of anything else in particular... The cutscene with Ryan in Bioshock was pretty intense but I dunno if that counts really.

Travis

one time, me and my brother woke up early one weekend morning. we began playing supercross 2000, a dirtbike game for the n64. i was playing in a race and i wiped out and my drivers head went inside the ground. we laughed about his head being inside the ground. that was funny.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 24, 2009, 11:18:12 AM
beautiful wry

Go Up