October 01, 2024, 09:27:28 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how long do you study for tests or quizes

Started by Commander Fuckass, September 13, 2009, 06:24:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Thyme on September 14, 2009, 07:59:56 AM
I'm scared to ask, but whatever. It gives me one more opportunity to post in those chat-thread-less situation.

So... what's the difference between a quiz and a test?
tests are usually worth more points and are harder.

Thyme

Ah, right. We call them both tests. Quizzes are formative tests and tests are summative tests.

Anyway, not much. I almost don't study at all for quizzes, as they're usually given at the end of the class right after we've seen the theory.

As for tests, depends. Most of the tests I've had to do before were actually essays, so there wasn't much studying to do for that. But for theoretical, "by heart" stuff, I don't know... maybe one hour.

YPrrrr

I don't really study for quizzes, and my only tests really are midterms and finals. I'll usually study 2-3 hours for those
Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 13, 2009, 08:39:59 PM
Similar question: what are your essay writing habits?

For an essay due Wednesday, I brainstorm Tuesday night, start writing Wednesday morning, and usually finish around the time class starts

Meyer Lansky

Not that long, maybe an hour the night before and an hour before the actual test if I have time to do so.

Nyerp

today in chemistry i studied for today's test by looking over the notes in the first 5 minutes of class girl;

Andria

Quote from: Nyerp on September 16, 2009, 12:27:35 PM
today in chemistry i studied for today's test by looking over the notes in the first 5 minutes of class girl;

I did that a lot of the time in high school  :( cuase I was just too lazy to study

Kalahari Inkantation

i didn't even try to study for my biology test
40 multiple choice questions and an essay in 40 minutes goowan

??????

Quote from: Ted on September 16, 2009, 12:51:11 PM
i didn't even try to study for my biology test
40 multiple choice questions and an essay in 40 minutes goowan
We had two whole 40 minute periods to do ours. :3

Except everyone got a C and below.  happydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Freud and His Friend:Jung on September 16, 2009, 01:50:29 PM
We had two whole 40 minute periods to do ours. :3

Except everyone got a C and below.  happydood;
we actually spent 80 minutes in the class, but we were only allowed 40 minutes for the test myface;

Travis

ME##

I really don't 'study' for most tests or quizzes.  I did the study guides for US history, but that's because it was easy and I did it most of them from my memory, plus getting an extra ten points on the tests was worth it.  n_u

I'll probably do that for government too, since I have the same teacher.

Tomboh

i dont study at all, or take notes

for the last apush and math tests i got only one wrong on each

so cool

Feynman

I don't take notes nor study, and I do extremely well.

This year, however, I'm going to try to study much more often, often reading ahead of the class, so I can do much better on the examinations and get a 100+ average. If I can get a 96 consistently without studying, I can get a 100+ with studying.

I'm going to actually read the Physics book, an APUSH book for my US History honors class, read the AP Biology textbook, and I'm independently studying AP Psychology and AP Environmental Science so I can take the tests.

Det in F♯ Major

never. i didn't even study for my ACT, which is the most important test i've ever taken lol.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

hotlikesauce.

I don't. I never got why people spent hours studying for something and they don't get any better grades.  hocuspocus;

Go Up