October 01, 2024, 09:19:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how long do you study for tests or quizes

Started by Commander Fuckass, September 13, 2009, 06:24:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Bout 2 hours for tests and an hour for quizzes
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

Depends on what subject

Like with a language I will spend 4+ hours studying but with something like biology maybe an hour at most if any at all

snorkel

depends on the material, if it's something completely unknown to me (like chemistry or advanced math or something), and I don't know it well enough from lectures/class, it rarely takes me more than an hour to get it all in my head.

other things like history and things related to books/words I can just skim through and process as I'm reading it (hooray right-brained thinking), so 5-10 minutes beforehand is adequate

sans culottes

If I'm not sure if I'll pass, I'll study for like an hour maybe.

I almost never study.
I support BUSH

spaceman

If it's something I'm not great with (math related courses, languages), 1-2 hours.

If it's something like on a book we read, stuff that I understand easily, etc., 15 minutes at most.

Himu

The only time I study is when I'm walking to take the test I'm studying for. ;-;

If it's something like quarter finals (yay I have less this year) then I study for an hour or two.

rdl

I never study. Studying makes me do worse.

Wait no, if it's a book I'll re-read it via Sparknotes. But that's it.

bluaki

I never study seriously at all ever.

Sometimes, I study for like no more than five minutes at the beginning of the class period just before the teacher hands out the tests, but that's it.

Hiro

Kalahari Inkantation

i'll flip though notebooks and whatnot for two seconds, lose patience, and move on to something else
I don't think I've ever properly studied (maybe I'll look over something a few minutes before a test), but I think I'll have to learn how to do so this year. myface;

??????

I just wait at the first 5 minutes of class and associate terms with feelings and imagery as much as possible to remember it easily.

It works, for most of the time anyways, but I can't do this now since I have to read 300 pages of material and I can't really do much to bypass it.

the shortest route to the sea

Um, depends. I'm studying for my music test the 40 minutes before class, but then I spend maybe 20 minutes each day 2 days in advance, and then 20 minutes day of, studying for math or physics tests. Gotta be prepared.

Similar question: what are your essay writing habits?

For an essay due Wednesday, I try to brainstorm Thursday, gather points / outline Friday, write over the weekend, and proof if I feel like it over the next two days. Most of my papers are due Wednesdays. Often though, I spend 2 nights before outlining and brainstorming, and then the night of finishing the writing and proofing. It's not a bad system, but I prefer to pace myself.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Dullahan

Daddy

Thyme

I'm scared to ask, but whatever. It gives me one more opportunity to post in those chat-thread-less situation.

So... what's the difference between a quiz and a test?

Go Up