October 06, 2024, 09:21:05 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pirating

Started by j o e i n c, August 19, 2009, 09:41:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

what do you think

dont do it
7 (38.9%)
do it,  w/e
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

You should care about the companies. By pirating games you end up with shit like DRM, and that World of Goo situation. Hell, I read that more people played Dead Space than have actually BOUGHT it.

This is why I have to pray that good games sell well. If Batman Arkham Asylum sells poorly it discourages the developers.

Fucking pirates are killing the industry. Enjoy your shitty games in the future. Honestly, if you can't afford a 50-60 dollar game, then find a new hobby.

Oh

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 19, 2009, 09:05:23 PM
You should care about the companies. By pirating games you end up with shit like DRM, and that World of Goo situation. Hell, I read that more people played Dead Space than have actually BOUGHT it.

This is why I have to pray that good games sell well. If Batman Arkham Asylum sells poorly it discourages the developers.

Fucking pirates are killing the industry. Enjoy your shitty games in the future. Honestly, if you can't afford a 50-60 dollar game, then find a new hobby.
I don't like being tricked into buying a game that I can't get my money back for so I pirate. If I enjoy a game I will buy it, if it was mediocre I won't pay.  akudood;

strongbad

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 19, 2009, 09:05:23 PM
Hell, I read that more people played Dead Space than have actually BOUGHT it.

Well by that it could mean that 10 people pirated it and 1000 people bought it. That would mean that 1010 people played it.
10 people pirating a game isn't a big deal akudood;

Classic

idk i was always taught that stealing is wrong

Oh

Quote from: King Shishkebaboo on August 23, 2009, 03:24:31 PM
idk i was always taught that stealing is wrong
So is tricking people into buying something they really didn't want.  baddood;

Classic

Quote from: Rawl on August 23, 2009, 03:25:33 PM
So is tricking people into buying something they really didn't want.  baddood;

idk my parents said its a good idea to rent

Travis

Quote from: King Shishkebaboo on August 23, 2009, 03:27:36 PM
idk my parents said its a good idea to rent
that still costs money

Classic

Quote from: Travis on August 23, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
that still costs money

idk my parents always told me a job was out there

and if i didn't have any money i could borrow from them and in return help them around the house or something idk

Oh

Quote from: Travis on August 23, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
that still costs money
And I want to sample before I buy, and the demos always suck.  baddood;

Travis

Quote from: King Shishkebaboo on August 23, 2009, 03:29:31 PM
idk my parents always told me a job was out there

and if i didn't have any money i could borrow from them and in return help them around the house or something idk
i don't really think you get it

Classic

Quote from: Travis on August 23, 2009, 03:37:05 PM
i don't really think you get it

Um.

You're trying to get around to the idea that it's okay to steal.
But I don't break in so easily.  n_u

Maybe I'm spoiled with money idk.

the shortest route to the sea

I don't give two shits OR a fuck about the music industries. However, I do care about the developers and the artists. They have a right to earn their wages...but then again, the more ridiculously exorbitant their gain is, the less sympathy I have. The Grateful Dead got famous AND reasonably secure living on a fanbase which thrived on piracy. I think that getting credit for the amazing work you do is vital, but money isn't everything you can earn.

If you can make music and live on it, then I think it's fine. Art should be available to all. The industry actually prevented that long before piracy got huge.

In short, fuck the industries. It's different for such a commercialized market as gaming, though.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

strongbad

Yeah stick it to the man akudood;!

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: GUOB on August 23, 2009, 05:39:54 PM
Yeah stick it to the man akudood;!

Industry can be a good thing or a bad thing. In the case of music, it's a predatory thing. That's all.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

strongbad

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 23, 2009, 05:49:13 PM
Industry can be a good thing or a bad thing. In the case of music, it's a predatory thing. That's all.

I actually agree. I should oh directly quoted the "In short, fuck the industries" line. It made me smile.

Go Up