September 19, 2024, 07:30:32 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Does anybody here watch True Blood?

Started by Chōshū, August 17, 2009, 08:28:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chōshū

August 17, 2009, 08:28:34 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:04:15 AM by reefer
Does anybody else watch this show?  Last week my sister brought season 1 over, and while at first I wasn't impressed the show soon grew on me.

For those of you who don't know what the show is, it's the story of Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress who resides in Louisianna and was gifted with the ability of telepathy.  The world of True Blood is set in a universe where vampires revealed themselves to be real and assimilated themselves into human culture.  Sookie's unique abilities soon bring her into contact with the world of the vampires and other supernatural beings, and the show mostly follows her adventures and she goes through these situations.

After I completed the first season I downloaded all the available episodes of season 2 and honestly, I think season 2 is MUCH better than season 1 so far.  There's one sub-plot that I don't particularly care for, but the main storyline is superb.

I won't spoil anything, but the newest episode left me extremely sad  saddood;

Yo bro, use message icons. The cool kids do it.

Andria

I watch it though I am 2 episodes behind just cause I have been doing other things lately and the last episode I saw kinda was boring. I kinda like season 1 better though just cause of the plot and how it went out compared to this one even though I love godric/new haircut eric and the fellowship of the sun. Imo it has too much sexual stuff  doodhuh; like it was fine with a little but when you start doing at least 1 shot of nudity per episode it gets stupid.

Chōshū

The last two episodes were REALLY good.

The last episode was so sad though.  I can't spoil it for you, but it really touched me : (

snorkel

I started torrenting it about a week ago and then stopped and downloaded Mad Men instead

I'll probably watch it sometime though

Wrench

Quote from: Echo on August 17, 2009, 09:07:41 PM
Imo it has too much sexual stuff  doodhuh; like it was fine with a little but when you start doing at least 1 shot of nudity per episode it gets stupid.

Definitely going to agree with this.

The show is decent. I don't necessarily care for it, but I watch it anyways since it keeps me entertained. It is really lame though especially when the vampires show their teeth.

Chōshū

Yeah I agree about the comment on the sexual content.  Especially with Jason.  He just fucks everything that moves, lol.

But the side plot I was talking about that I didn't like wasn't the Fellowship of the Sun part, it was the one with Mary-Anne.  I just...don't like her or the side plot that she makes.

In the last two episodes, The Fellowship of the Sun side-plot gets integrated with the main storyline and a bunch of crazy stuff happens.  Srsly, the end of the last episode made me so sad ;-;.  It was quite poetic in a way

Godrick is so awesome.  He's my favorite character.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Meyer Lansky

I've gotten myself hooked.

I don't see how there's too much sexual stuff, that's just how life is, and then coupled with the natural overt sexual nature of vampires, it's just about right.

[spoiler]I could see how some may view the orgies and constant sexploits manifested by Mary-Anne as too much, because quite frankly it is; but that just goes to show the extent of her abilities.

I'm interested in how they plan on stopping her, especially after Daphne referred to her as "God".[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Another storyline I'm interested in seeing develop is how the relationship with Sook and Eric is going to develop, and how he plans on exploiting his newfound connection with her.[/spoiler]

Geno

I just watched an episode and it seems like it would be an interesting show.
I'm gonna torrent the first season and will probably get hooked on it
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Geno

Fuckin awesome show I just finished the first season.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up