June 16, 2024, 07:10:39 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Scribblenauts

Started by strongbad, June 07, 2009, 09:26:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

DS GoTY right here.
Read this:
QuoteI had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wondering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.

Taken from some guy at neogaf.

Also give this a watch:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEUbtgpIgo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

GOD I WANT THIS GAME SO BADLY

rdl

I wonder what would've happened had he gone to the future.

anyways yes this game looks awesome

YPrrrr

KonohaShinobi

I don't really understand how you play the game. Looks like that Drawn To Life game released last year, but it gives you many more options, but it's not a platformer.

It's some weird sandbox sim game...I don't get it, but it looks interesting.

Hiro

This game does indeed look awesome, I saw it a couple months ago and was very impressed.
I like how the main character looks too  giggle;

My only concern for this game is that they could end up making it too childish, but so far, so good. thumbup;

Nate

This game looks amazing.

strongbad

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 08, 2009, 10:04:26 AM
I don't really understand how you play the game. Looks like that Drawn To Life game released last year, but it gives you many more options, but it's not a platformer.

It's some weird sandbox sim game...I don't get it, but it looks interesting.

Here's the basic outline of the game:
You go through levels, trying to get these star things. A quick example is that a star thing would be on top of a tree. You could type in "ladder" to climb up and get it, or "axe" to cut the tree down and get it. Even jetpack. The database is fucking huge. It also has zombies.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Henry Hatsworth on June 08, 2009, 04:19:08 PM
Here's the basic outline of the game:
You go through levels, trying to get these star things. A quick example is that a star thing would be on top of a tree. You could type in "ladder" to climb up and get it, or "axe" to cut the tree down and get it. Even jetpack. The database is fucking huge. It also has zombies.

Ahh, this sounds intriguing...I will have to keep an eye on this game.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on June 08, 2009, 10:04:26 AM
Looks like that Drawn To Life game released last year
I believe it's made by the same people  bassir;

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on June 08, 2009, 04:25:47 PM
I believe it's made by the same people  bassir;

The same people who made Drawn to Life, and Locks Quest

mario583

God vs. Chuck Norris              MOTHER FUCKERS madood;

strongbad

Quote from: mario583 on June 08, 2009, 08:47:43 PM
God vs. Chuck Norris              MOTHER FUCKERS madood;

When is the last time that Chuck Norris jokes were funny? I'm serious.

The artist formally known

Hiro

Go Up