September 19, 2024, 11:54:49 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Chris Cornell

Started by PuuMastaFunk, April 17, 2009, 03:31:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

When did you like Chris Cornell?

Soundgarden
Temple of the Dog
Audioslave
Solo
i liek lil wayne...
Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Zach on April 21, 2009, 08:40:38 PM
I like Audioslave better than Soundgarden for the most part (though I do love me some Superunknown), but Chris has been great throughout his career. One of the great modern singers.

Too bad he's such a terrible rapper... >.<

Zach

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 21, 2009, 09:27:38 PM
Too bad he's such a terrible rapper... >.<

No one gives a shit if he can rap or not.

sans culottes

Quote from: Zach on April 21, 2009, 08:40:38 PM
I like Audioslave better than Soundgarden for the most part (though I do love me some Superunknown), but Chris has been great throughout his career. One of the great modern singers.

I have all three of Audioslave's albums. On the first one, yeah, plenty of great songs, a few that suck, though. On the other two, I only liked about five or less songs and the rest were boring. It's good that de la Rocha rejoined his band, but we need a Soundgarden reunion.
I support BUSH

Zach

I wouldn't want a full-scale Soundgarden reunion, because Matt would have to leave Pearl Jam to do that. But a few reunion shows or something would be nice.

sans culottes

Quote from: Zach on April 23, 2009, 08:06:07 AM
I wouldn't want a full-scale Soundgarden reunion, because Matt would have to leave Pearl Jam to do that. But a few reunion shows or something would be nice.

Does Pearl Jam really need him that much? He's like, their fifth drummer.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Chris Cornell kicked ass in Soundgarden, which makes his recent work disappointing in comparison. Sure, he's made some good stuff since Soundgarden, but it's largely hit-and-miss.

Zach

Quote from: coz on April 23, 2009, 02:22:17 PM
Does Pearl Jam really need him that much? He's like, their fifth drummer.

Yeah, but he's their best and longest-tenured drummer.

sans culottes

Quote from: Zach on April 24, 2009, 08:21:07 AM

A lot of musicians have been in two bands at once without it causing any problems.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Zach on April 24, 2009, 08:21:07 AM
I think Jack Irons was a better drummer for Pearl Jam, actually. He kicks ass on No Code. Too bad he doesn't want to tour or anything.

Go Up