October 23, 2024, 11:20:53 PM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How to ruin a concert?

Started by Josh, February 28, 2009, 05:18:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

Quote from: Veal on February 28, 2009, 05:39:15 PM
I like Fall Out Boy too but they have possibly the biggest downhill jump from Album to Live performance ever. Seeing them live would just make me furious at how bad it is.
Have you EVER heard Katy Perry live?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltGgCODsTQc[/youtube]
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Veal

So I take it the Free Hug thing was just to give hugs and not to promote kindness or anything.

Quote from: Bushy on March 01, 2009, 10:37:02 AM
Have you EVER heard Katy Perry live?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltGgCODsTQc[/youtube]

She sounds different but not terrible. Although the girls in underwear and her impossibly wide eyes the whole time are about as disturbing as it gets.

Fall Out Boy sounds like Patrick has never sung a day in his life before every time they go live.

l a c e y

Quote from: Emperor LXXXVI on February 28, 2009, 05:35:33 PM
Well, you could pour pop on them or something, I really don't know what a couple of sixteen year olds could accomplish.
hi lacey.. n_u

why are you hi-ing me?

Quote from: Veal on February 28, 2009, 05:39:15 PM
I like Fall Out Boy too but they have possibly the biggest downhill jump from Album to Live performance ever. Seeing them live would just make me furious at how bad it is.

this, seriously.
i saw them on much music, and that was enough for me.

Sam

Quote from: Veal on March 01, 2009, 10:58:09 AM
So I take it the Free Hug thing was just to give hugs and not to promote kindness or anything.
She sounds different but not terrible. Although the girls in underwear and her impossibly wide eyes the whole time are about as disturbing as it gets.

Fall Out Boy sounds like Patrick has never sung a day in his life before every time they go live.

correct, and they both sound a great deal worse live.

You can kinda expect that just by listening to Katy Perry's albums though, you can clearly hear the electronic tones added in to make her voice sound differently than it actually does, especially in those two songs.

Also, thanks to this thread I have Dance Dance stuck in my head. That'll probably be there for a week.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Sam on March 01, 2009, 10:36:11 AM
I'll tell the story because it's so awesome.  baddood;

This was 2 years ago. I think. Something like that. My town has a summer festival every year, fri-sun, and this was the friday night, which is just pretty much a night of food and local concerts on the green. My best friend and I have Free Hug signs, everything is going well and except for the occassional whore comments we were all having fun.

WELL. Some little douche decided to begin to hug me, then just take my sign and rip it in half. I was standing on a short (1-2 feet) pedestal thing AND I was taller than him to begin with. There was a very loud gasp among my friends.

I was kinda shocked for a few seconds, which gave him time to walk a few paces away. But when I realized what happened, oh man, I was pissed. The kid was pretty much with all his friends (a group of like 15 preteens, INCLUDING MY FUCKING COUSIN.  madood; ) They were all laughing at how badass the kid was, ripping my sign in half. but then when I came up behind him, he turned around, and I just picked him up off the ground by the collar of my sweatshirt. I don't remember what I said to him, but it was so close to his face that apparently nobody else could hear it, according to my friend. I remember saying fuck a lot. I thought about punching him but decided against it because the place had cops everywhere.

The onky reason that is so memorable to me is because the entire group of kids was lauughing at what the kid did to me, but the second i pulled him clean off the ground, they all were scared shitless and a good portion of them actually ran away.

I knew if I didn't scare him, that kid would be bragging about ripping my sign for the rest of his junior high career. I don't see him bragging about being scared half to death by a 16 year old, 5 foot tall girl anytime soon though. At least notn with so many witnesses.

Or maybe I just like scaring little kids.

wow I'm the best story teller ever.  n_u
I love your stories. I wish I was pissy enough to do that kind of shit, I'm too soft most of the time.  sillydood;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Veal

I think the main thing is they both overdo it and push way too hard. Plus yeah the studio definitely makes them sound better.

Sam

Quote from: lacette on March 01, 2009, 12:03:01 PM
try lady gaga : |

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFGlMHQa78[/youtube]

I feel like it would be awkward to be there watching that concert. >.>

I don't like her very much  to begin with though, so meh.

Thyme

guys guys guys guys hey guys

Linkin Park. hocuspocus;

Mettalik

how about we respects others' opinions and tastes?  hocuspocus;

Josh

Quote from: Mettalik on March 01, 2009, 12:22:00 PM
how about we respects others' opinions and tastes?  hocuspocus;
It's not a matter of respect. It's a matter of annoying people.  huhdoodame;

Mettalik

Quote from: The King's Royal Baker on March 01, 2009, 12:32:04 PM
Doesn't make you any less of a douche bag kid :]

Sam

Quote from: The King's Royal Baker on March 01, 2009, 12:32:04 PM

In case you haven't caught on by now, don't do it.

People like you piss me off.

Josh

Quote from: Sam on March 01, 2009, 12:33:27 PM
In case you haven't caught on by now, don't do it.

People like you piss me off.
In case you haven't caught on by now, I made this thread as a joke. Didn't mean to piss anybody off. :| 

Sam

Quote from: The King's Royal Baker on March 01, 2009, 12:39:32 PM
In case you haven't caught on by now, I made this thread as a joke. Didn't mean to piss anybody off. :| 

...wait.

Do you mean you never actually bought fob ticket? You just made up that whole story?

I fail to see what's funny about this joke.

Go Up