October 03, 2024, 08:29:38 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Top ten artists according to Last.FM(Wait, there's more :3)

Started by LCK, February 25, 2009, 05:53:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

1. The Flaming Lips

I remember I first listened to them about a year ago. I saw a few people talking about Yoshimi and then later my friend put it as a recommendation on his site. He made it sounds pretty good and the album title looked awesome so I downloaded it and loved it. Then I proceeded to get their whole discography.

2. Pink Floyd

Another one I checked out out of curiosity. I heard all this stuff about DSotM so I downloaded it and liked it and was addicted to them for awhile.

3. Muse

This was the first band I ever fell in love with. The first song of theirs I heard was Knights of Cydonia, before it was in GH3. I was instantly in love, and this is possibly the band that gave me a huge interest in music. I downloaded all of their albums and listened to them a lot.  If all the plays I had before Last.FM were there, they would dominate everything by the thousands. Also the first band I ever saw live on August 6th, 2007. hocuspocus;

4. Porcupine Tree

I listened to these guys because my brother invited me to one of their concerts. I never went to that one. :[ I did see them in October '07, tho.  I got Fear of a Blank Planet and didn't like it at first. But eventually it grew on me and I got addicted to it and then I downloaded their whole discography and proceeded from there.

5. Radiohead

I checked them out because Muse got compared to them all the time. I downloaded OK Computer. I remember at first I liked them but wasn't a big fan. But trying them months later, something clicked and I just fell in love with them and now I own all their albums.

6. The Mars Volta

Yet again, something I didn't like much at first. I thought it sounded somewhat weird at first. ;_; But just like Radiohead, listening to them later and somehow I completely changed my opinion of them and fell in love. I've seen them live twice. cjlubdoods;

7. Opeth

Checked it out because Steal always talked about them. I didn't like them at first because of the growling so the first album I downloaded from them was Damnation. Then I got Still Life from Steal's recommendation. It took awhile, but eventually I got used to the growls and started to like them. Then I got all their albums, etc;. I also met Mikael Akerfeldt before. He's s really nice guy. :3

8. The Strokes

This is another band I became obsessed with when I first started liking music. I still like them a lot occasionally.

9. The Black Keys

I saw Kaz talking about them before and then someone linked me to "Just Got to Be" and I liked it so then I downloaded Magic Potion and loved it and became addicted to them.

10. Wintersleep

I first saw them opening for Wolf Parade at a show in July of last year. I thought they were better than Wolf Parade. So I when I got home from the show I immediately went to my computer and downloaded their latest album and become extremely addicted. It's so fun and catchy and awesome.

YPrrrr

CAKE
Dropkick Murphys
The Clash
The Beatles
Eminem
MGMT
Rock N Roll Soldiers
Gogol Bordello
Gorillaz
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Honorable mentions go out to Weezer, White Stripes, Little Brother, and Queen

Placebo Headwound

Why are so few of you actually following the point of this thread? :(

YPrrrr

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on February 26, 2009, 02:59:25 AM
Why are so few of you actually following the point of this thread? :(
Because I was too lazy at the time to explain why... perhaps I'll edit an explanation in later if you're good

Go Up