October 03, 2024, 07:33:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

You ever had this feeling?

Started by KonohaShinobi, February 22, 2009, 03:39:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Very rarely do I feel proud of something I wrote before handing it in. I usually only feel good about an essay or poem or whatever after it's been handed in and someone else, like a teacher, is proud of it.
i'm extremely insecure

Skylark

if I could feel like Ayn Rand after I was done writing something I would be satisfied. She's so amazing... she doesn't waste words, everything belongs. Ahhh
the book of right on

j o e i n c

i'm not a good writer.

it doesn't bother me

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Thyme on February 22, 2009, 04:16:48 PM
No, not really. At least not for an essay as a whole. Not really because I'm not proud but really just because I don't care about it.

But sometimes I'll come up with a line or an idea that will make me laugh out loud (well, I'll just smile if it's an in-class essay) because I like it so much.

YES I love when I come up with a fuck awesome idea or something and I pull it off perfectly!
Quote from: Skylark on February 22, 2009, 04:25:13 PM
if I could feel like Ayn Rand after I was done writing something I would be satisfied. She's so amazing... she doesn't waste words, everything belongs. Ahhh

yeah she is awesome

Nyerp

i'm writing an essay right now and i think it sucks and my english teacher will probably think it sucks but that's because she's and unlikeable old bitch

Slim

Quote from: Skylark on February 22, 2009, 04:25:13 PM... she doesn't waste words, everything belongs. Ahhh

You're saying this about a person who needs 1000+ pages to tell her damn story?
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Slim on February 22, 2009, 04:53:40 PM

I'm staring at my copy of Anthem right now and it's only like 100+ pages, everything is placed methodically and beautifully like he said

Slim

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 22, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
I'm staring at my copy of Anthem right now and it's only like 100+ pages, everything is placed methodically and beautifully like he said

I was referring to Atlas Shrugged and The Foutainhead, her two main novels.

Those seem a bit verbose to me--wouldn't you agree?
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Skylark

Quote from: Slim on February 22, 2009, 04:53:40 PM

I was thinking more Fountainhead when I said that over Atlas Shrugged (though it's still applicable here)

And yes, I am saying that about her... If you just read through it you can see that everything is as it belongs, no chapter or sentence or word is there without purpose.
the book of right on

Himu

Um I don't think so.

I love it when I'm writing and somehow spew consecutive great ideas without much thought at all. bassir;

Cookie

No.... I'm always just happy I have it done on time.

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Cyanide on February 22, 2009, 05:36:34 PM
Um I don't think so.

I love it when I'm writing and somehow spew consecutive great ideas without much thought at all. bassir;
this pretty much happens to me all the time
:)

strongbad

Usually I'm just happy that I'm finished writing.

Hiro

just1more

Yes I have. But usually only after someone else sees it.

The worst is when I think I've done something great, and someone else just puts me down.

Go Up