October 02, 2024, 11:20:21 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

lil wayne

Started by The spy who loves you, February 03, 2009, 04:00:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

l a c e y

Quote from: Andrew1911 on February 04, 2009, 12:14:24 PM
the carter iii, the carter ii, dedication 2

you're terrible then.
lil wayne is a champ.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: abeautifulhaze on February 04, 2009, 09:39:24 AM
It's sad for me to watch the downward spiral he has allowed his talent to go in since releasing Tha Carter II, because he was/is one of my favorite rappers.
What the hell are you talking about?

His debut album, Tha Block Is Hot, dropped in '99 and cracked the top 10 of the Billboard 200 in its first week.  Within the next year he was featured on the track that has put a word in the fucking Oxford dictionary, the massive single "Bling Bling".

Plenty of people knew who Lil Wayne was.
I actually just read about that after I posted.

It surprised because growing up kids by me weren't into him like they are now.

but that was a poor judge of popularity

Andrew1911

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: Andrew1911 on February 04, 2009, 12:14:24 PM
the carter iii, the carter ii, dedication 2
I dearly hope that is not the order in which you listened to them or else I feel you have received a wrong/bad impression.

I would have personally started you off with Tha Carter, it is easily his best work.  I would have then recommended Tha Carter II, but if you don't like that then I guess recommending anything further would be a waste of time because it is a very solid album.

The "acclaim" he unjustly receives is due to what he did in the year after TC2 was released, when he started compromising the quality of his product to create said buzz and because of the massive amount of drugs he induced.  All of it came from the media and mainstream America, and since when do they know what the fuck they're talking about?  You should know better than that.

me003

My favorite track is Zoo.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

rreeppttaarr

I actually really enjoy Lil Wayne. He got me back into rap music. I like what he does with the autotune in some of his songs, and some of his analogies (is that the right word to use?) are very clever.

russell

I fucking hate him. There are more than a few mainstream hip-hops that I actually wouldn't mind hearing on the radio if he didn't sing part of them. His voice is awful

sans culottes

Quote from: Wrenchninja on February 03, 2009, 07:23:51 PM
I'm rock and roll till I die.

GREEN DAY. BEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND EVAR.
Quote from: orlovsky on February 12, 2009, 09:34:17 PM
I fucking hate him. There are more than a few mainstream hip-hops that I actually wouldn't mind hearing on the radio if he didn't sing part of them. His voice is awful

This, except I can bear his voice. It's T-Pain who's the problem.
I support BUSH

Go Up