October 06, 2024, 12:27:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Cordless vs. rumble in controllers

Started by bluaki, January 15, 2009, 02:50:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

If you can only have one of the two, which would it be?

Cordless, but without rumble
10 (43.5%)
Has rumble, but has to be connected by cord
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

bluaki

Made this after seeing a certain discussion in the picture thread regarding Gamecube Wavebird controllers.
As for me I care very little about rumble, and don't even care that the Wavebird lacks it.

Tomboh

Kalahari Inkantation

who cares if it's cordless, rumble is amazing

Daphnia

The only reason people are picking cordless is because the Gamecube controller cords were like 3 feet long.

Rumble 4eva.

famy

Sam

rumble

I've never really wanted to sit any farther from a system than the wire reaches, if I did I just pulled the system farther out.

I have bad eyesight as it is.

Also, they make estension wires for the GCN controllers, I have one that I used like twice.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

guff

i like it when the controller shakes it's almost like I'M IN THE GAME akudood;

Geno

Wireless
my old PS2 controller had rumble and was wireless.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Thyme

I guess I'm kind of biased since I've never had a cordless controller before my Dualshock 3 three weeks ago. I can still make scenarios in my head, though:

If the Dualshock 3 wasn't cordless, it wouldn't bother me.
If I had gotten the previous Sixaxis controller for some reason (packaging error i dunno), I'd be pissed.

Cookie

bluaki

Quote from: Sam on January 15, 2009, 03:01:46 PM
Also, they make estension wires for the GCN controllers, I have one that I used like twice.
I have one and use it every time I play a game with GBA connectivity since there's no wireless option for that.
I usually keep my game systems on top of my TV, so uh I prefer not having a cord running down the middle of the screen. And I also prefer not to have the cord tangle from or length used by bringing the cord down on the other side of the TV then making its path go on the ground around the TV to the front. I have to do that every time I play something like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

hotlikesauce.

I don't want to sit a foot away from my TV screen just because the cord won't pull far enough.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kevin on January 15, 2009, 03:15:34 PM
I don't want to sit a foot away from my TV screen just because the cord won't pull far enough.
Cords stretch much more than a foot

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: YPR on January 15, 2009, 03:20:39 PM
Cords stretch much more than a foot

Yeah, it was an exaggeration. Also, I'm limited where I can sit.

Classic

As long as it's cordless, I don't care if it has it or not.

Go Up