October 24, 2024, 11:30:36 PM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pronunciation and Other Vocabularian Oddities

Started by Thyme, January 14, 2009, 11:19:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

When I get really excited about something I'm talking about, all my vowels get crazy.

Like if I would normally say something like "my god, you're an idiot," it'd magically turn into "my gee-ahd, yoo-ir an ihhdeot."

It's kind of hard to put into text how it sounds, but I kind of made that look like some nasty southern accent and it's nothing like that. goonish

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

FAMY2

Quote from: Thyme on January 28, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
DWOOAAAGG sillydood;

Heh. The only English accents I knew were British and Southern. I can't even hear a difference between British and Australian. maps;

Don't let an Aussie hear you say that. There are differences.   n_u

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on January 28, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
DWOOAAAGG sillydood;

Heh. The only English accents I knew were British and Southern. I can't even hear a difference between British and Australian. maps;
I think they're quite distinct n_u

Daddy

Travis

people sometimes tell me i have a southern accent, but i was born and raised in new jersey

also my grandparents who are new yorkers always add "er" instead of "a" at words like "rhonda"

Kalahari Inkantation

i say words like "mountain" or "martin" more like "moun'in" and "mar'in"
but in words like "fourteen", i pronounce the "t"

Nyerp

ncba93ivyase

I hate people that say, "Can I you  a question?"

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Thyme

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 29, 2009, 01:22:46 PM

Took me 10 long seconds to get it. :'(

[spoiler]"wtf can i chop you a question maps;"[/spoiler]

Daddy

i aksed my friend laquisha why she be all trippin n shit and fuckin with my baby daddy

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Jacques Michel Valente on January 29, 2009, 01:25:51 PM
i aksed my friend laquisha why she be all trippin n shit and fuckin with my baby daddy
whoa

i know a white girl named that that wants to "teach" me how to make love :|

Kalahari Inkantation

January 29, 2009, 01:28:31 PM #86 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:40:13 PM by TECTRINKET
I don't really say "ask(ed)" or "ax(ed)", what I say sounds more like "ass(ed)". goowan

unless it's in a sentence like "go ask him," then it'll actually sound like "ask"

I hate words that end in "-s_s" (asks, tests, casts, etc.)

So instead of saying "I have two tests to take today," like a normal person would, I would say:

"I have two tess'ta take today."

befuddlement

Thyme

I know how to pronounce business. If I have to say it in a conversation, I'll say it correctly.

But if I have to read it out loud, I'll end up going "byoo-see-ness" or "bee-see-ness". goonish

Thyme

YPrrrr

According to my floormates, "errand" is not pronounced "air-rend"

I'm sticking to it though baddood;

Go Up