October 06, 2024, 01:26:10 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Inverted controls piss me off

Started by KonohaShinobi, October 30, 2008, 07:11:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

I downloaded Star Fox 64 yesterday and it has been years since I have played a game where up was down and down was up so I was going all over the place, crashing into buildings and everything, died within a minute or starting the game. So, I go to the menu to see if there is an option to change the control scheme like in Sin and Punishment (just press start and switch it to inverted [why the fuck would you subject yourself to this torture] or normal), but I did not see a damn options menu.

Anyone else hate inverted controls? Anyone ever find them acceptable in some games or (you mentally insane people) do you prefer them in all shooting games?

Hiro

For flying games it makes sense but otherwise yes

greg400

Starfox 64 had inverted controls to simulate you in the arwing, piloting the ship. Anyway for the most part if a game has inverted controls I will get used to them in a matter of 10-30 minutes. Shooters should never have inverted controls. Starfox 64 is not a shooter.

don't let's

I can only play with inverted controls. Goldeneye got me started on that I think.

Samus Aran

Inverted controls are fine in flying games. They're not hard at all for me to get used to.

Pele

protip: go into your emulators controls, and make a right, d left, w down and s up

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lupus on October 30, 2008, 03:46:35 PM
protip: go into your emulators controls, and make a right, d left, w down and s up

I'm playing on the wii, downloaded it from the VC.

strongbad

Just download an emulator, since you legally have the game, it's completely ethical to play a rom and change the controls.

But I hate them for shooters, but love them for flying games.

Kalahari Inkantation

As everyone else has said, inverted controls are fine in flight games. Not so sure about the others, though. befuddlement

One Man Freak Show

Funny, because I absolutely can't stand any game that has non-inverted controls. It's not realistic, and it's just annoying to get used to

Samus Aran

Quote from: the guy with the $5000 suit on October 30, 2008, 04:29:40 PM
Just download an emulator, since you legally have the game, it's completely ethical to play a rom and change the controls.

Uh, no, it's still illegal. I don't give a shit if he does it, but don't try to tell him it's legal or "ethical."

strongbad

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 31, 2008, 01:49:47 AM
Uh, no, it's still illegal. I don't give a shit if he does it, but don't try to tell him it's legal or "ethical."

I didn't say that it was legal, but it is ethical. I said that he legally owns a copy of the game, and ethically (well depending on his values), it should also be ok.

Lotos

Bumping, as I hate inverted controls and I hate it even more when I switch, as I still have in my head that the controls are inverted.

Quote from: Kaz on October 31, 2008, 01:49:47 AM

I wish it was legal if you own a hard copy of the game.  I think the word David was looking for might have been "tolerated", as unless you download so many ROMs that you get caught, they don't go after you for downloading one ROM (but if it didn't take all that time and money to go after us, Nintendo probably would.)

ncba93ivyase

I always use inverted controls. Otherwise it's just not comfortable

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Lotos on December 26, 2008, 01:50:40 PM
Bumping, as I hate inverted controls and I hate it even more when I switch, as I still have in my head that the controls are inverted.

I wish it was legal if you own a hard copy of the game.  I think the word David was looking for might have been "tolerated", as unless you download so many ROMs that you get caught, they don't go after you for downloading one ROM (but if it didn't take all that time and money to go after us, Nintendo probably would.)

Nintendo isn't known to go after people who download roms. They have been known to take down sellers for flashcarts, which makes more sense. Why go after the individual with roms when you can go after the person enabling hundreds of people to play the roms?

Go Up