October 04, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

9/11 thread thingy

Started by Daddy, September 11, 2008, 06:17:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Meyer Lansky

It's been made into a day about two buildings falling yet there is a memorial to every person who died that day at Ground Zero...

YOU and the rest of the United States may have forgotten, but we New Yorkers have not.

Daddy

Quote from: Back In '88 on September 12, 2008, 07:23:37 AM
It's been made into a day about two buildings falling yet there is a memorial to every person who died that day at Ground Zero...

YOU and the rest of the United States may have forgotten, but we New Yorkers have not.
Who is YOU?

I remember, and the loss of lives are a direct result of the attacks, in the war brought on afterwards, and the total rape of our rights as citizens are all vastly much more devastating than two buildings falling.

And to think that had the government not shown its incompetency in ignoring warnings those people would most likely still be here today.

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: Khadafi on September 12, 2008, 07:38:35 AM
Who is YOU?
Obviously not you.

If I was speaking to anyone specific, I would have quoted them. I was speaking in general terms for a reason; those who I were speaking to know who they are. There's no reason for you to get offended by my claim if it does not apply to you.

Samus Aran

Indeed, New York certainly hasn't forgotten...at least not most of it, it seems. It really is kinda sad to see so many that remember 9/11 for the towers.

Meyer Lansky

"102 Minutes That Changed America"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67u0Y_jz2wA[/youtube]

Quote102 MINUTES THAT CHANGED AMERICA premiered Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 9 p.m. ET/ PT on Historyâ„¢ without commercial interruption. With footage from more than 100 individual sources, carefully pieced together in chronological order, the special is a permanent historical archive for future generations to see. 102 Minutes That Changed America presents amateur and professional footage, woven together without narration or commentary, to provide the viewer with an immersive and emotional experience.

Meyer Lansky

September 12, 2008, 09:23:38 AM #50 Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 09:29:05 AM by Back In '88
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pMcaNuO8gs[/youtube]

Quote9-11: What's the telephone number I can tell FD to push up? What's the telephone number you're calling from?

KC: I can barely see.

9-11: You can barely see?

KC: 4-4-1... .

9-11: 4-4-1... .

KC: 2-6-2-3

9-11: That's on the 105th floor of the Northwest corner, right?

KC: Right.

9-11: At number Two World Trade Center?

KC: Right ... Lady, there's two of us in this office. We're not ready to die, but it's getting bad.

9-11: I understand, sir. We're trying to get all the apparatuses there. I am trying to let them know where you are. Stay on the line

KC: Oh, please hurry.

Fire Department: Let me talk to the caller please ... Let me talk to the caller. Where is he?

9-11: He's on the line.

FD: Let me talk to him ... Where is the fire, sir?

KC: Smoke really bad. 105 Two Tower.

FD: Alright. Sit tight. We'll get to you as soon as we can.

KC: They keep saying that, but the smoke's really bad now.

FD: That's all we can do now.

KC: What floor are you guys up to?

FD: We're getting there. We're getting there.

KC: Doesn't feel like it, man. I got young kids.

FD: I understand that, sir. We're on the way.

9-11: He's on the 105th floor in the Northwest corner.

KC: He hung up on me ... Hello, operator?

9-11: Yes?

KC: Come on, man.

9-11: We have everything we need, sir.

KC: I know you do, but doesn't seem like it ... You got lots of people up here.

9-11: I understand.

KC: I know you got a lot in the building, but we are on the top. Smoke rises, too. We are on the floor. We're in the window. I can barely breathe now. I can't see.

9-11: Okay, just try to hang in there. I'm going to stay with you.

KC: You can say that, you're in an air-conditioned building. What the hell happened?

9-11: Okay. I'm still here ... still trying ... The Fire Department is trying to get to you.

KC: Doesn't feel like it.

9-11: Okay, try to calm down so you can conserve your oxygen, okay? Try to ...

KC: Tell God to blow the wind from the West. It's really bad. It's black. It's arid. Does anyone else wanna chime in here? We're young men. We're not ready to die.

9-11: I understand.

KC: How the hell are you going to get my ass down? I need oxygen.

9-11: They're coming. They're getting you. They have a lot of apparatuses on the scene.

KC: It doesn't feel like it, lady. You get them in from all over. You get 'em in from Jersey. I don't give a shit. Ohio.

9-11: Okay, sir. What's your last name?

KC: Name's Cosgrove. I must have told you about a dozen times already. C.O.S.G.R.O.V.E. My wife thinks I'm alright. I called and said I was leaving the building and that I was fine and then -- bang ... Cherry. Doug Cherry. Doug Cherry's next to me. 105. Whose office? John Ostaru's office?

9-11: That's where he said? That's the office?

KC: We're in John Ostaru's office. O.S.T.A.R.U.

9-11: A.R.U.

KC: Right. That's the office we're in. There are three of us in here.

9-11: Ostaru. Hello?

KC: Hello. We're looking in ... We're overlooking the Financial Center. Three of us. Two broken windows. Oh God. Oh ... (the tower collapses)

superclucky

most people don't care about the towers here; they just keep on talking about family members/friends that were involved 0:
kewns are smelly

Ezloﺕ

i thought a memorial was going to be built under the new towers or something like that
:)

Paul

Quote from: Ezlo on September 12, 2008, 03:34:07 PM
i thought a memorial was going to be built under the new towers or something like that

They will be building a Freedom tower, and a park behind it for the memorial.

Go Up