October 05, 2024, 02:54:47 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'd like some opinions on these supposedly good Gamecube games

Started by Samus Aran, August 20, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 21, 2008, 11:09:15 PM
Yes, I'm sure you could find something, but most likely not enough to convince me to get a new console.

And honestly I like almost every type of game other than sports and generic war shooters. Adventure, RPG, and platformer are probably my favorite three though.

But that doesn't mean I want to shell out cash for a 360 or a PS3.
Get a 360 for $250
The 360 is becoming the new RPG console, and alot of platformers are on it. You really should get one.  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geano on August 21, 2008, 11:11:11 PM
Get a 360 for $250
The 360 is becoming the new RPG console, and alot of platformers are on it. You really should get one.  baddood;

Do I seem like I want to pay $250 for a console right now?

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Ezloﺕ

:)

The spy who loves you

You haven't played Viewtiful joe, or any of the POP trilogy games yet?

You sir, should go to hell. baddood;

But yes Viewtiful Joe is fantastic as will as POP

I borrowed Battalion wars from a friend, it was pretty fun, I like Battalion Wars 2 for Wii as Well.giggle;

KonohaShinobi

Viewtiful Joe is one of the only games I have replayed nearly 100 times on the Gamecube, and I do not replay games, so that says something.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ezlo on August 22, 2008, 09:49:06 AM
Definitely get Pikmin 2.

it's so expensive gonk;

would you say it's better than the first one (which i heartily enjoyed, by the way)

Quote from: Geano on August 22, 2008, 12:08:19 AM
Sell your Wii

i don't have one

i use my sisters' wii

The spy who loves you

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 22, 2008, 09:14:12 PM
it's so expensive gonk;

would you say it's better than the first one (which i heartily enjoyed, by the way)

i don't have one

i use my sisters' wii
i didnt play the first one but reactions from others lead me to believe that it's better
:)

Linkjge

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 21, 2008, 11:46:20 PM
Do I seem like I want to pay $250 for a console right now?

Isn't this thread about your parents buying you games or something? Have them help you out with getting spare cash for a system and buy it used if you must. With the Xbox 360's RPG collection building up (Plus it has Lost Odyssey which is a amazing RPG worth buying a system for), the amazing Arcade, and since you're a fan of Rare you should try out their newer games which are all at a very low price. Not to mention Banjo Kazooie 3 is going to be $40, and if you pre-order and buy you get a code for the Banjo Kazooie XBLA remake two weeks before the release on arcade.

PS3 right now is more on shooters which I'm not sure where your opinion on that stands, but there are some pretty amazing shooters like Warhawk and Ratchet and Clank Future you would enjoy. Plus with Little Big Planet and a building up variety of games in the future with free online play you would love the PS3 as a cheap console.

Not forcing you to buy the consoles since it's up to you to get whatever you want but I think you would really like the 360 or PS3 at this time in their life span.

But if not then I would recommend the original Pikmin and Pikmin 2 to buy since's they're both amazing, plus Viewtiful Joe is pretty sweet.

Hiro

Viewtiful Joe - Fun, but hard
Eternal Darkness - Sucks
Pikmin 2 - Awesome
Baten Kaitos - okay, good for gamecube rpg standards I guess

famy

killer 7 killer 7 killer 7 killer 7 get killer 7 favorite game ever <3

also viewtiful joe is fun

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on August 24, 2008, 02:02:24 PM
Viewtiful Joe - Fun, but hard
Eternal Darkness - Sucks
Pikmin 2 - Awesome
Baten Kaitos - okay, good for gamecube rpg standards I guess

I liked Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles more than Batan Kaitos.

Hiro

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 24, 2008, 02:29:01 PM
I liked Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles more than Batan Kaitos.
yeah me too i guess. Fire Emblem made me sad.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazmuffin on August 22, 2008, 09:14:12 PM
it's so expensive gonk;

Yes, I found Pikmin 2 for ~$13 and swiped it up.

Go Up