October 01, 2024, 02:25:29 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What's sum gud anime/manga?

Started by fox127, July 20, 2008, 12:11:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

fox127

I've only seen/read a few.
Anime:
Hellsing (And like 3 of the Ultimate episodes)
Shaman King (Love it ;3)
Maburaho
DearS
Midori Days
Mahoromatic
Bleach (Barely started watching)

Manga:
He is My Master
DearS
Shaman King (Currently reading)

>.< Yeah, I ain't got much. Help anyone? I prefer something like Hellsing, violent and cool. Though something with a good story would be awesome, comedy is good too (Just as long as it's not over the top in perverted jokes. A few is fine, but not the whole fucking series.).

So, um, yeah.

Hiro

Not all of those are too great. YOU MUST SEE FLCL BEST SHOW EVER

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Gin

For anime I would recommend FLCL and Fullmetal Alchemist. For manga I would recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, and Death Note.

Also I would recommend not watching Bleach, it's really not that great. The manga is decent, but again nothing too spectacular.

Hiro

FLCL is the only thing you'll ever need

KonohaShinobi

I wish my threads were read. (Read:click the link underneath my sig), I'll list some recommendations in no particular order, unles noted otherwise they have an anime and manga option:

Code Geass (Reasons why everyone should be watching this work of art are listened within the contents of my Code Geass thread linked in my sig)
Death Note
FLCL
Lucky star
Akira ( I recommend the animated film adaption along with the manga.)
Naruto (It was my first love, so I feel a certain duty to recommend it. Although, it is not really as bad as people spell it out to be.)
Rurouni Kenshin
D. Grayman
Bleach
FullMetal Alchemist (different plots for the anime and the manga)
One Piece
Loveless
Gunslinger Girls
Love Hina
Cowboy Bebop

I could go on for hours about why I recommended those, so if you are interested in one of them, tell me so I can give you a short summary if you would like, just didn't feel like giving out full descriptions on each one, lol.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Gin on July 20, 2008, 12:19:36 PM
For anime I would recommend FLCL and Fullmetal Alchemist. For manga I would recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, and Death Note.

Also I would recommend not watching Bleach, it's really not that great. The manga is decent, but again nothing too spectacular.

I'd recommend it for some "mindless" battles, which is what shonen is all about, but I would not put it up there with Death Note or anything in terms of content.

fox127

Quote from: C.C. on July 20, 2008, 12:24:26 PM
I wish my threads were read. (Read:click the link underneath my sig), I'll list some recommendations in no particular order, unles noted otherwise they have an anime and manga option:

Code Geass (Reasons why everyone should be watching this work of art are listened within the contents of my Code Geass thread linked in my sig)
Death Note
FLCL
Lucky star
Akira ( I recommend the animated film adaption along with the manga.)
Naruto (It was my first love, so I feel a certain duty to recommend it. Although, it is not really as bad as people spell it out to be.)
Rurouni Kenshin
D. Grayman
Bleach
FullMetal Alchemist (different plots for the anime and the manga)
One Piece
Loveless
Gunslinger Girls
Love Hina
Cowboy Bebop

I could go on for hours about why I recommended those, so if you are interested in one of them, tell me so I can give you a short summary if you would like, just didn't feel like giving out full descriptions on each one, lol.

I've heard of some of those, I intend to watch One Piece sometime. I don't like Naruto that much, I saw about 60 or so episodes, so it's not like I just watched one and disliked it. Uh, I wanted to know what exactly Death Note is about, I've heard about it and everything, but what is it about? o.o Also, same with Lucky Star and D. Grayman. And obviously I have heard of and watched some Full Metal Alchemist, I'm interested so, I'll be watching that too (reading as well).

Placebo Headwound

You must watch Cowboy Bebop, its like the god of animu. baddood;

Also Samurai Champloo is by the same guy and is pretty cook.

Geno

Death Note jesus.
That's like the best.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: the fox(127) on July 20, 2008, 12:39:41 PM
I've heard of some of those, I intend to watch One Piece sometime. I don't like Naruto that much, I saw about 60 or so episodes, so it's not like I just watched one and disliked it. Uh, I wanted to know what exactly Death Note is about, I've heard about it and everything, but what is it about? o.o Also, same with Lucky Star and D. Grayman. And obviously I have heard of and watched some Full Metal Alchemist, I'm interested so, I'll be watching that too (reading as well).

Some offhand summaries:
Death note- intelligent high school student, Light Yagami, finds a notebook with the ability to kill whose ever name is written within it's pages. Light decides that with this power he will create a new world, one without crime or violence, and become the god of this new world. The series follows him as he tries to outsmart the police from trying to catch him (one of which being his own father) and keeping his identity a secret. A pretty intense mystery anime.

Lucky Star- A comedy about these 4 girls who seem to be in middle school, and follow their daily life, struggles, getting jobs, boyfriends, meeting school deadlines, and things such as those. Pretty humorous, I must admit.

D.Grayman- Action anime following Allen Walker who is an exorcist that specializes in killing off the Akuma, which are evil spirits born from a human's desire to bring back the life of a loved one. This desire is granted by The Millennium  Earl who is the ruler and creator of the akuma who acts as the main antagonist trying to destroy Earth.
It gets pretty interesting.

Hiro

Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent and cool too

fox127

Quote from: C.C. on July 20, 2008, 12:50:15 PM
Some offhand summaries:
Death note- intelligent high school student, Light Yagami, finds a notebook with the ability to kill whose ever name is written within it's pages. Light decides that with this power he will create a new world, one without crime or violence, and become the god of this new world. The series follows him as he tries to outsmart the police from trying to catch him (one of which being his own father) and keeping his identity a secret. A pretty intense mystery anime.

Lucky Star- A comedy about these 4 girls who seem to be in middle school, and follow their daily life, struggles, getting jobs, boyfriends, meeting school deadlines, and things such as those. Pretty humorous, I must admit.

D.Grayman- Action anime following Allen Walker who is an exorcist that specializes in killing off the Akuma, which are evil spirits born from a human's desire to bring back the life of a loved one. This desire is granted by The Millennium  Earl who is the ruler and creator of the akuma who acts as the main antagonist trying to destroy Earth.
It gets pretty interesting.
Interesting. I'll be looking into these, my girlfriend has a few of the D. Grayman mangas, so i'll read those and if I like it, I'll continue. Thanks for the little descriptions! n.n

FullmetalGanon

get some fullmetal alchemist y'digg

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Hiro on July 20, 2008, 12:53:06 PM
Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent and cool too

Samurai champloo was a little, meh.

Paranoia Agent was a badass acid trip.

Go Up