October 01, 2024, 02:37:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

DVD skipping

Started by mario583, July 01, 2008, 04:25:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

mario583

July 01, 2008, 04:25:22 PM Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:33:16 PM by mario583
How come a DVD player skips a DVD?

Trying to watch Desert Punk ep 8:
[A Dog In Heat]

It sometimes skips.

Meh, guess I could try inserting in into a portable DVD player or CPU and see if it does the same thing or not.

KonohaShinobi

this thread confuses me.

mario583

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: mario583 on July 01, 2008, 04:32:49 PM
Your life confuses me.

"Question:

My CD or DVD is skipping.

Answer:

Below are different causes to why a CD, DVD, or other disc may skip while being used.

Dirty CD

Usually a CD or DVD that skips or does not play properly is almost always caused because it is dirty, fingerprints, dust, dirt, hair, or any other substance on the disc can interfere with the laser reading the disc causing it to skip or have other minor glitches in specific parts of the disc.

* See our cleaning page for additional information about cleaning the CD and DVD discs.

Bad burn or copy of CD or DVD

If the skipping is occurring on a CD or DVD that has been copied (burned) by you or a friend it could have encountered errors during the creation causing various errors including skipping. To make sure this is not the issue try re-creating the CD or DVD again.

Dirty CD-ROM or other disc drive

In addition to a dirty CD or DVD a drive can also be dirty from dust, dirt, or hair that enters the drive. If you're encountering skipping or other read errors with multiple CD or DVD discs it's possible that the drive may by dirty."

Clean it.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000901.htm

mario583

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 01, 2008, 04:35:18 PM
"Question:

My CD or DVD is skipping.

Answer:

Below are different causes to why a CD, DVD, or other disc may skip while being used.

Dirty CD

Usually a CD or DVD that skips or does not play properly is almost always caused because it is dirty, fingerprints, dust, dirt, hair, or any other substance on the disc can interfere with the laser reading the disc causing it to skip or have other minor glitches in specific parts of the disc.

* See our cleaning page for additional information about cleaning the CD and DVD discs.

Bad burn or copy of CD or DVD

If the skipping is occurring on a CD or DVD that has been copied (burned) by you or a friend it could have encountered errors during the creation causing various errors including skipping. To make sure this is not the issue try re-creating the CD or DVD again.

Dirty CD-ROM or other disc drive

In addition to a dirty CD or DVD a drive can also be dirty from dust, dirt, or hair that enters the drive. If you're encountering skipping or other read errors with multiple CD or DVD discs it's possible that the drive may by dirty."

Clean it.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000901.htm

It's not meh DVD because it doesn't have dirt on it nor scratched.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: mario583 on July 01, 2008, 04:38:23 PM
It's not meh DVD because it doesn't have dirt on it nor scratched.

Can you read? There is a suggest for the disc drive.

mario583

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 01, 2008, 04:39:54 PM
Can you read? There is a suggest for the disc drive.

Can't read and I am proud to say that spam;

I'll check it out.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: mario583 on July 01, 2008, 04:41:27 PM
Can't read and I am proud to say that spam;

I'll check it out.

lol prod.

36chambers

Goddamn this thread is dumb  doodthing;

mario583

Quote from: Vostroya on July 01, 2008, 05:01:24 PM
Improperly written sectors of the DVD (unlikely if it's a real DVD, not burned), or scratches/dirt/etc are likely causes of skipping. Take the disc out, clean it, and put it back in.

No it's a real DVD.

It played ep 1-7 fine.

mario583

The artist formally known

Quote from: Vostroya on July 01, 2008, 05:01:24 PM
Improperly written sectors of the DVD (unlikely if it's a real DVD, not burned), or scratches/dirt/etc are likely causes of skipping. Take the disc out, clean it, and put it back in.
Look up on how to clean it if you care about the dvd since most people clean it the wrong way (t-shirt wiping around the disc won't be good for the disc.)

Go Up