September 26, 2024, 09:11:15 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So um 2012 will be the death of the internet...

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 01, 2008, 06:44:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Dave on June 01, 2008, 08:28:05 PM
What did eon8 do?

Gave a countdown and a map with random dots over random cities.

People thought the Internet would suddenly explode, or it was some terrorist organization. powerofone;

In the end, it was a social experiment.

Snorkel

Quote from: Πμωδβ on June 01, 2008, 08:27:26 PM
Could be trying to scare people. Like eon8 tried, and did to a certain extent.

The 2012 bit doesn't really have anything behind it and I'm guessing is an allusion to the 2012 world ending theory thing, but like I said if net neutrality doesn't get federally backed it could be a very big problem within a decade.

36chambers

Quote from: Snorkel on June 01, 2008, 08:10:03 PM
You're an idiot.

wah wah wah the coorporations wont let me listen to my favorite song nobody else has heard of and theyer taking away internet

seriously, do you expect a huge internet "takeover" by who? you don't even know who's doing it. it's not happening. The main focus of the video was the chick's boobs while featuring people with fake accents. itt the video's tags-

sexy  horny  athene  paladin  chiren  tania  derveaux  lindsey  beating  teenage  girl  fight  ipower  gta  gta4  dance  sex 

You're an idiot psyduck;

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Snorkel on June 01, 2008, 08:29:13 PM
The 2012 bit doesn't really have anything behind it and I'm guessing is an allusion to the 2012 world ending theory thing, but like I said if net neutrality doesn't get federally backed it could be a very big problem within a decade.

With Barack Obama having a good chance of getting the presidency, I think federal support for it isn't too unlikely.

Socks

Snorkel

Quote from: 36 on June 01, 2008, 08:30:26 PM
wah wah wah the coorporations wont let me listen to my favorite song nobody else has heard of and theyer taking away internet

seriously, do you expect a huge internet "takeover" by who? you don't even know who's doing it. it's not happening. The main focus of the video was the chick's boobs while featuring people with fake accents. itt the video's tags-

sexy  horny  athene  paladin  chiren  tania  derveaux  lindsey  beating  teenage  girl  fight  ipower  gta  gta4  dance  sex 

You're an idiot psyduck;

The video isn't the point. I know it's bogus, but read the page I linked JMV to a few pages back, it outlines the net neutrality issue without any jokes.

Also I'm not having a shit fit about corporate entities not letting me listen to my favorite song; the purpose of the example was to illustrate how various industries have been completely overtaken by a few individuals/trade groups/companies in the past. Music, movies, news, pretty much every category of consumer goods. You can't argue about that.

And yes, it is happening. There are parties who would be very interested in lumping all the ISP's together and profiting from charging people for internet "subscription packages." There's nothing unbelievable about that, and there's also nothing unbelievable about the idea that owners of existing ISP's would sell out for vast sums of money or give up a small amount of ownership under some lucrative contract.

I repeat, you're an idiot.  baddood;

bluaki

Quote from: Bassir on June 01, 2008, 07:45:56 PM
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/technology/

spam;
On the Internet, Obama will require that parents have the option of receiving parental controls software that not only blocks objectionable Internet content but also prevents children from revealing personal information through their home computer.

How would they be able to prevent children from revealing personal information? befuddlement

Go Up