September 29, 2024, 10:33:23 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What's the significance of marriage?

Started by bluaki, March 01, 2008, 09:31:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

superclucky

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 09:40:26 PM
And the other 1% are not married.
also my parents are in the 1 percent. <3
kewns are smelly

Socks

Quote from: Clucky et al. on March 01, 2008, 09:42:52 PM
also my parents are in the 1 percent. <3

They therefore prove that there is indeed no happiness and life after marriage.

Samus Aran

There is a such thing as people staying happily married for the rest of their lives, but damn, that's awfully rare these days. Especially with sex life being such a bigger emphasis now.

Socks

I could deal with the sex thing, but having to put up with the same damn bitchin' every single day until I expired, man, no thanks.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 09:50:33 PM
I could deal with the sex thing, but having to put up with the same damn bitchin' every single day until I expired, man, no thanks.

You haven't experienced real genuine love then. That's disheartening.

Socks

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on March 01, 2008, 09:51:50 PM
You haven't experienced real genuine love then. That's disheartening.

There is no such thing, only illusion and compromise, and don't act like you know anything significant about the subject.

bluaki

Quote from: Kazarus on March 01, 2008, 09:48:28 PM
There is a such thing as people staying happily married for the rest of their lives, but damn, that's awfully rare these days. Especially with sex life being such a bigger emphasis now.
That, minus marriage, is pretty much what I want. I dun care about sex life nearly as much, honestly.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 09:50:33 PM

If you're dealing with bitching every day, you're probably not with the right girl in the first place. doodthing;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 09:53:09 PM
There is no such thing, only illusion and compromise, and don't act like you know anything significant about the subject.

Love exists, just because you haven't experienced or witnessed it, does not make it nonexistent.  When you find that one person, you'll know. I'm not "acting" either.

Socks

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on March 01, 2008, 09:57:00 PM
Love exists, just because you haven't experienced or witnessed it, does not make it nonexistent.  When you find that one person, you'll know. I'm not "acting" either.

That idealist false shit passed around as feel good "common sense" BS is wrong, no matter how many times teenagers repeat it in order to come off as wise and knowing about a given subject. Trust me, you will learn to ignore and compromise when you shouldn't have to. "Love" is a fools gamble, and I have neither the money nor the inclination to partake in such adventures.

don't let's

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 10:04:32 PM
That idealist false shit passed around as feel good "common sense" BS is wrong, no matter how many times teenagers repeat it in order to come off as wise and knowing about a given subject. Trust me, you will learn to ignore and compromise when you shouldn't have to. "Love" is a fools gamble, and I have neither the money nor the inclination to partake in such adventures.

Look it may not be out there for everybody, but it is out there. And yes some people have work at it a little, and a lot of people don't ever truly experience it, but that's just way it is nowadays.

Quoteand I have neither the money

Love shouldn't be about money anyway.

Socks

Nyerp

So you don't feel bad if you knock up a low-income girl.

Socks

Quote from: Nyerp on March 01, 2008, 10:23:16 PM
So you don't feel bad if you knock up a low-income girl.

Why would I feel bad? And I don't plan on "kocking up" anyone anytime soon.

Nyerp

Quote from: Socks on March 01, 2008, 10:25:05 PM
Why would I feel bad? And I don't plan on "kocking up" anyone anytime soon.

Because you're leaving her with a baby. Also let's say she's Christian and doesn't get an abortion.

Go Up