October 14, 2024, 04:25:00 AM

1,531,329 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Damn government.

Started by Daddy, February 25, 2008, 11:43:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

There will never be a draft.

Socks

Socks

Quote from: V on February 25, 2008, 04:54:14 PM
Yes. Really.

Being prepared for a national emergency which might require a significant increase in military size in a short amount of time span is prudent. It's just a precaution so if the shit hit's the fan there is a system in place to fall back on. Mandatory service, all the time, is undemocratic, hence it should only be used in extreme situations of national emergency. For example, during WWII 60% of the military personnel were draftees, we need that many people for our 16 million man military that we had at the time. I would have hated to lose a global war because some considered the draft a "fascist" concept.

V

Quote from: Socks on February 25, 2008, 05:01:05 PM
Being prepared for a national emergency which might require a significant increase in military size in a short amount of time span is prudent. It's just a precaution so if the shit hit's the fan there is a system in place to fall back on. Mandatory service, all the time, is undemocratic, hence it should only be used in extreme situations of national emergency. For example, during WWII 60% of the military personnel were draftees, we need that many people for our 16 million man military that we had at the time. I would have hated to lose a global war because some considered the draft a "fascist" concept.

and after that verbose post, none of it changes the fact that it is a fascist concept. psyduck; you can throw all the facts about the war you want at me.  doodthing;

Socks

Quote from: V on February 25, 2008, 05:06:23 PM
and after that verbose post, none of it changes the fact that it is a fascist concept. you can throw all the facts about the war you want at me.

It depends on the purpose, in the context that I described it's not really a "fascist" concept. So long as we don't abuse it.

sans culottes

I'm working on my agility level to increase my draft dodging skills.
I support BUSH

Socks

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 05:50:07 PM
I'm working on my agility level to increase my draft dodging skills.

Perhaps you should work on your comedic skills so you can better dodge shitty jokes.

sans culottes

Quote from: Socks on February 25, 2008, 05:51:53 PM
Perhaps you should work on your comedic skills so you can better dodge shitty jokes.

I agree.
I support BUSH

Ezloﺕ

:)

Samus Aran

My mom registered me without even telling me about it.

Nyerp

I like how Socks thinks the US losing a war is the worst thing that could happen ever.
We don't even need to be in any wars.

But whatever.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: Nyerp on February 26, 2008, 04:00:18 AM
I like how Socks thinks the US losing a war is the worst thing that could happen ever.

But whatever.

What if a country decides to bomb us? Do we just sit around like idiots?

V

But whatever.

Shut up.

Socks

But whatever.

There is a reason you have shit piles above you instead of stars on your shoulder.

Go Up