October 03, 2024, 02:26:19 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Soooo

Started by Title27GT, December 30, 2007, 09:02:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

I've been sort of nervous all day. I've been taking flight lessons in Connecticut for about 3 weeks and tomorrow I take my FAA exam which consists of a written exam and a cross country flight in a Cessna Skyhawk 172 from La Guardia (NYC) to Ainsworth Municipal Airport in Nebraska. I wouldn't be so worried about failing if the damn training didn't cost  $6500. It's honestly the written part I'm worried about. The Flying is extremely easy, with Air Traffic Control and autopilot guiding me most of the way. The exam is about 18 pages long and covers all of the rules and regulations for Visual Flight Rules (using my eyes to fly the plane) and Instrument Flight Rules (Using my instruments to navigate). 

Anyways, just thought I'd share the reason I hadn't been posting a whole bunch. 

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Wrench

That's cool. Do you plan to be a pilot when you're older?

Knig

Having never seen your experience with flying a plane, I have the utmost confidence you will pass tomorrow.  navi;

Seriously though, if you're confident about the actual flying section, and studied a bit for the written portion, I think you'll do fine (read: good enough to pass).

[REDACTED]

itt post applied vector problems for title to solve
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

NOA_Haunted

Are you paying for all of that?

Title27GT

Quote from: PLEASEHELP1991 on December 30, 2007, 09:14:09 PM
itt post applied vector problems for title to solve
TURN TO A HEADING OF 120 AND MAINTAIN 2500 EXPECT VECTORS ON RUNWAY 04R
Quote from: xXTheHaunted on December 30, 2007, 09:14:27 PM
Are you paying for all of that?
Yes.

ncba93ivyase

WHY DO I IDOLIZE YOU NOW?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

heltar

Quote from: Title on December 30, 2007, 09:02:36 PM
I've been sort of nervous all day. I've been taking flight lessons in Connecticut for about 3 weeks and tomorrow I take my FAA exam which consists of a written exam and a cross country flight in a Cessna Skyhawk 172 from La Guardia (NYC) to Ainsworth Municipal Airport in Nebraska. I wouldn't be so worried about failing if the damn training didn't cost  $6500. It's honestly the written part I'm worried about. The Flying is extremely easy, with Air Traffic Control and autopilot guiding me most of the way. The exam is about 18 pages long and covers all of the rules and regulations for Visual Flight Rules (using my eyes to fly the plane) and Instrument Flight Rules (Using my instruments to navigate). 

Anyways, just thought I'd share the reason I hadn't been posting a whole bunch. 

Have someone drill you as you drove there.

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 09:21:22 PM
fly me to the moon

In otherwords...

Placebo Headwound

You're going to be flying an actual airplane? befuddlement

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Jesus on December 31, 2007, 07:00:36 AM
You're going to be flying an actual airplane? befuddlement
Sweet Jesus im scared.

Snorkel

That's cool. I've always wanted to get a small aircraft license -- I've been in the cockpit of a Piper Super Cub once before, and a Pratt & Whitney Beaver a couple times when my dad flew a lot. Pretty fun.

Go Up