March 28, 2024, 03:06:58 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

transsexuals

Started by bluaki, November 17, 2007, 05:05:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

It's ok that our country is starting to be okay with racial tolerance and shit but when you see a murderer people start freaking out and taking out the torches.

Like it's any worse.

Geno

Quote from: Khadafi on August 25, 2008, 05:07:45 PM
It's ok that our country is starting to be okay with racial tolerance and shit but when you see a murderer people start freaking out and taking out the torches.

Like it's any worse.
hey JMV shut the fuck up.

I just looked at my post and I see what I said wrong lol.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Beta

Pedo's are more scary then a guy dressed up like a lady.

guff

Quote from: ââ,,¢Â¥Betaââ,,¢Â¥ on August 25, 2008, 05:20:00 PM
Pedo's are more scary then a guy dressed up like a lady.
same prefix, different word

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 25, 2008, 04:13:13 PM
transsexuals don't by definition have sex with people who can't legally consent doodthing;
nor do pedophiles

it's simply an attraction by definition

like i'm sexually attracted to women with dark skin but that doesn't mean i go out and have sex with them (sadly)

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on September 03, 2008, 02:16:20 PM
nor do pedophiles

it's simply an attraction by definition

like i'm sexually attracted to women with dark skin but that doesn't mean i go out and have sex with them (sadly)
yay semantics

Kalahari Inkantation

July 09, 2017, 07:41:14 PM #96 Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:01:30 PM by Majorana's Mask
time to reinvigorate another long-dead, controversial topic by offering a few facts bassir;

one has every right to prefer a gender pronoun that does not match their biological sex

society has every right to completely ignore that preference

but if one wants society to naturally respect that preference, one must naturally and necessarily look the part

the harsh truth: passing is essential

Quote from: Det in F♯ Major on August 21, 2008, 05:15:58 PM
Wouldn't transsexuals hurt someone they're dating if they didn't tell the person they were transsexual?  O_0

For example, a woman gets surgery to become a man and ends up looking the part and starts dating a woman who has no reason to believe this person was once female. If the woman eventually brings up the subject of having sex after they've fallen in love and the transsexual admits that they/he doesn't have a penis (since that's what the woman wants), couldn't that potentially destroy the relationship and emotionally hurt the woman?

I mean, that would be a really shady tranny, but I'm sure it's happened before. I don't mean to cause controversy, I just wanted to show an example of a transsexual hurting someone.

also det was TOTALLY projecting in this

holy god lol

Daddy

it ends up being sad if you consider that this thought probably prevented him from exploring it earlier.

silvertone

has det heard "LOLA"

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on July 09, 2017, 08:25:44 PM
tec I appreciate your careful and tactful wording here

no denying that my wording there was absolutely tactless lol, but my reasoning wasn't unfounded

note that i didn't say that transfolk are awkward

i said, in essence, it might be awkward to find out (if they do pass then it is surprising to know their history, and if they don't pass, well then yeah, it might be perpetually a little awkward)

Quote from: Khadafi on July 09, 2017, 07:46:46 PM
it ends up being sad if you consider that this thought probably prevented him from exploring it earlier.

true, but if i recall, det grew up in an extremely conservative household

when he was a she, she was by far our most loudly conservative member, to the point of almost being a caricature

but in retrospect it's obvious those weren't really her thoughts, she was just repeating the sorts of thoughts she was exposed to while growing up under a right-wing roof, and i guess it caused a deep self-doubt that she projected loudly

which, yeah, is quite sad lol

thankfully he can now live freely as a man (and i bet he passes well girl;)

??????

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 09, 2017, 07:41:14 PM
time to reinvigorate another long-dead, controversial topic by offering a few facts bassir;

one has every right to prefer a gender pronoun that does not match their biological sex

but if one wants society to naturally respect that preference, one must naturally and necessarily look the part

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on August 21, 2008, 05:15:58 PM
Wouldn't transsexuals hurt someone they're dating if they didn't tell the person they were transsexual?  O_0

For example, a woman gets surgery to become a man and ends up looking the part and starts dating a woman who has no reason to believe this person was once female. If the woman eventually brings up the subject of having sex after they've fallen in love and the transsexual admits that they/he doesn't have a penis (since that's what the woman wants), couldn't that potentially destroy the relationship and emotionally hurt the woman?

I mean, that would be a really shady tranny, but I'm sure it's happened before. I don't mean to cause controversy, I just wanted to show an example of a transsexual hurting someone.

also det was TOTALLY projecting in this

holy god lol
LOOKSMAXXXING

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on July 09, 2017, 09:22:11 PM
LOOKSMAXXXING

i'd never encountered this term before but yeah i guess that would be the idea lol befuddlement

Himu

July 10, 2017, 03:22:53 AM #102 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:50:13 AM by Himu
Quote from: Geno on August 25, 2008, 03:08:35 PM
Quote from: ââ,,¢Â¥Betaââ,,¢Â¥ on August 25, 2008, 07:32:39 AM
If a man wants to cut a cantaloupe in half and stuff it under his bra, he should be able to. America is the place where anyone can do anything anywhere.  baddood;
I find it funny that our country is starting to be ok with trannys and shit but when you see a pedophile people start freaking out and taking out the torches.

Like its any worse.
i know this post is old as fuck but WOW lol

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 09, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

when i worked in student affairs at my college and we had to take like a whole day of training on respecting people's preferences and being sensitive to them we were instructed to never make any assumptions, so we had to refer to everyone in gender neutral terms.

i remember someone asked when if it was dead obvious and the instructor told us that it's not really obvious and it's our perception or whatevs lol. they might consider themselves genderfluid, nonbinary, etc. and may not be comfortable with those terms.

i never went through the trouble really and just went with my gut when dealing with transgender students (i only ever dealt with like 3) and i did once mislabel someone but they didn't even correct me, my friend did after we left lol.

but i agree with you. passing is sadly necessary. you can't actually be too angry with someone for naturally misgendering you if you don't represent the gender identity you wish to be associated with. i'd say most of the time it's unintentional when it happens. i've taken issue with how younger "tumblr culture" generations seem to be quick to attack those who ARE misinformed or uneducated, which undoubtedly fails to help their cause at all.

Kalahari Inkantation

July 10, 2017, 03:44:59 AM #103 Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:50:14 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: Himu on July 10, 2017, 03:22:53 AM
i know this post is old as fuck but WOW lol

ikr lol sillydood;

we were instructed to never make any assumptions, so we had to refer to everyone in gender neutral terms.

jesus christ

what year was this

what part of the country was this

i remember someone asked when if it was dead obvious and the instructor told us that it's not really obvious and it's our perception or whatevs lol. they might consider themselves genderfluid, nonbinary, etc. and may not be comfortable with those terms.

this is just unbelievably inefficient

the overwhelming majority of the population identifies as whatever their biological sex is, so it's insane that you would be trained to pretend as if that somehow isn't the case

in fact, you run the risk of causing more offense overall by assuming the average person identifies differently than the way they present

what exactly were the "gender-neutral terms" they insisted you use myface;

i never went through the trouble really and just went with my gut when dealing with transgender students (i only ever dealt with like 3) and i did once mislabel someone but they didn't even correct me, my friend did after we left lol.

it's good to know there are still reasonable people still left in this world

a reasonable transperson who gets misgendered almost certainly knows why that happens (ie not fully passing) and shouldn't take offence, a simple 'i'm actually a girl/guy' 'oh sorry i'll keep that in mind' should be enough

but i agree with you. passing is sadly necessary. you can't actually be too angry with someone for naturally misgendering you if you don't represent the gender identity you wish to be associated with. i'd say most of the time it's unintentional when it happens.

wholly agreed

there probably aren't too many people out there who go about their days deliberately misgendering transfolk for fun, and even if such people did exist, they could never misgender the ones who passed sufficiently lol

Quote from: Himu on July 10, 2017, 03:22:53 AMi've taken issue with how younger "tumblr culture" generations seem to be quick to attack those who ARE misinformed or uneducated, which undoubtedly fails to help their cause at all.

it's almost uncanny how correct this entire post is

by which i mean completely

tumblrites get emotional and attack those they disagree with, which naturally has the effect of causing reasonable people to simply tune tumblrites out

or even do exactly the opposite of what tumblrites demand out of spite lol

it's just so utterly counterproductive to insult and attack a person who might seem ignorant or disagree, because all that ever accomplishes is polarizing the debate rather than cultivating a mutual understanding

[spoiler]

also you could replace "tumblrites" with "humans" in those last few sentences and it remains entirely true lol[/spoiler]

Himu

Oh this was like about 3 years ago lol. but i believe it's probably not too uncommon in a lot of colleges across the US now. maybe not in like texas idk. student affairs is basically a walking tumblr department though honestly.

by neutral terms i remember we either had to just always refer to them using their name or using "they". worst case was introduce ourselves like "hi i'm haley, i like cats, and my preferred pronouns are she/her! what's your name and pp???" which sounds completely ridiculous as you can imagine lol. none of us really followed those rules after the seminar though.

but yes!! i agree with you completely tec. and i used to think it was probably just a tumblr thing, but i've seen it increasingly all around me as well. especially with younger people. the good intentions to inform are there, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. sure, there are a lot of ignorant, hateful, and judgmental people still left in the world, but there are still a lot of people who just aren't informed or who have no experience dealing with a certain subject. why be another or the first negative experience to add to their collection when you can instead be an example or the exception to their rule?

Go Up