June 22, 2024, 06:32:42 PM

1,531,271 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Comebacks looks bloody retarded

Started by One Man Freak Show, October 13, 2007, 02:22:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

As bad as Epic Movie, even.

First off, it claims it's a parody of the "greatest sports movies ever made". Right. None of them are from before 2000, and they're movies that either nobody cared about anyways, sucked in the first place, or don't need a parody anyways. Radio? Yeah, about five people remember that. Stick It? Sucked. Ugh, it sucked. Invincible? That just came out last May. You mean to tell me they just started to work on this movie since after then? psyduck; Facing the Giants? Way to go: Parody a movie that was made by a small church with a very limited budget and got an extremely limited release.

And making fun of Dodgeball? That seems to be kind of pointless, considering that it, in turn, was making fun of other sports movies. That'd be like making a parody of Spaceballs: It's bloody pointless. And ROCKY BALBOA? I can understand they wanted to parody a Rocky film, but why couldn't it be the first one? Why did it have to be the one from just a year ago?

Secondly, it doesn't look funny anyways. Radio or whatever his name was rides into a table. OLOLOLOL no. This may be the single worst movie of the year. And since they call Bring it On one of the greatest sports movies ever, it has to be.

Commander Fuckass

WE ARE MARSHALL

So yah, you're opinions=every one else's opinions?
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

It's a parody. Of course it's not going to be funny.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kazarus on October 13, 2007, 03:05:58 PM
It's a parody. Of course it's not going to be funny.
You didn't like Spaceballs? psyduck;

Also, they shouldve done movies like Rudy... That might have made it semi-possibly enjoyable

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 14, 2007, 07:30:47 PM
You didn't like Spaceballs? psyduck;

Also, they shouldve done movies like Rudy... That might have made it semi-possibly enjoyable

Spaceballs isn't very funny.

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 14, 2007, 08:18:46 PM
Have you seen the original Star Wars movies? psyduck;

...you're asking me, of all people, if I've seen the original Star Wars movies?

I don't normally like to brag a whole lot about this sort of thing, but I'm probably the biggest original trilogy fan on Boyah.

Just because I understand the references doesn't make it funny.

And besides, one also needs to understand a couple other sci-fi movies to get all the references.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kazarus on October 14, 2007, 08:19:58 PM
...you're asking me, of all people, if I've seen the original Star Wars movies?

I don't normally like to brag a whole lot about this sort of thing, but I'm probably the biggest original trilogy fan on Boyah.

Just because I understand the references doesn't make it funny.

And besides, one also needs to understand a couple other sci-fi movies to get all the references.
Yes, I understand that... Star Trek etc. but I usually try to not come of as a complete nerd. pseudo;

It's just that I don't hear of many people who actually understand the references not liking it. But w/e flower;

Andrew1911

1. Not all parody movie suck. (See: Airplane!, Young Frakenstein, Shaun of the Dead)

2. Spaceballs fucking sucks. (It has Rick Moranis making a penis joke YET it still sucks? HOW IS THAT FUCKING POSSIBLE?)

3. The Comebacks will most likely be worse than Date Movie but not as bad as Epic Movie.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 14, 2007, 10:57:28 PM
Young Frakenstein, Shaun of the Dead

oh god i forgot about those two

thank you for giving me some mild faith in parodies

Daddy

Quote from: Godzooky on October 13, 2007, 02:48:54 PM

So yah, you're opinions=every one else's opinions?
ONEMANFREAKSHOW IS OPINIONS.

Also, wasn't you who flamed me a few months ago for like the END of a movie, because you thought the movie sucked? 

guff

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 14, 2007, 08:18:46 PM
Have you seen the original Star Wars movies? psyduck;
uh how would getting the references make it any more funny
might give the audience a superficial sense of satisfaction, but that's about it psyduck;

Quote from: Andrew1911 on October 14, 2007, 10:57:28 PM
1. Not all parody movie suck. (See: Airplane!, Young Frakenstein, Shaun of the Dead)
Yes.
though, young frankenstein was somewhat boring

YPrrrr

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 15, 2007, 11:58:20 AM
uh how would getting the references make it any more funny
might give the audience a superficial sense of satisfaction, but that's about it psyduck;

Um... because when they make fun of light speed, stupid stormtroopers, Chewbacca, it might help to know wtf is going on psyduck;

Selkie

If it doesn't parody the Big Green, thje greatest sports movie in history, it will suck ass.

YPrrrr

Quote from: SELKIE on October 15, 2007, 12:25:17 PM
If it doesn't parody the Big Green, thje greatest sports movie in history, it will suck ass.
Lol, that movie was funny when I was a kid china;

But no, it's greatness cannot compare to the perfection of the Sandlot ness;

[spoiler]Also, big green is too similar to the Mighty Ducks and Bad News Bears to be the greatest[/spoiler]

Go Up