September 24, 2024, 06:26:10 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I bought Metroid Prime 3 today (insert thoughts here)

Started by JGE, September 14, 2007, 06:58:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JGE

Played it for two hours.

It is indeed a pretty good game, though I liked Twilight Princess and Mario Strikers Charged more, Metroid Prime 3 is still a okay game.

The controls are really good, the visuals are awesome, plus I like all of the cinematics and voice acting.
But one thing I don't understand is, why give every character in the game voice acting except for Samus, the main character? Though I do understand that voice acting has the potential to make or break a game, so giving Samus voice acting would seem risky.

As for the game itself, at first when I started playing it bored me to death, but once the space pirates hit the Olympus the game has been going uphill ever since. I have never seen this much action in a Metroid game before, the Berserker boss battle and bridge fight were just awesome.
Though the controls are somewhat exaggerated. Sure they are really precise, but most of the time I feel the game is just using it as a gimmick. "Push forward, move clockwise, pull out, push in" etc. It was cool at first, but now it's starting to get annoying.

Overall despite a couple of  issues, the game is fun, though it doesn't look like it will have lasting play after the first play through of the game.

I'd give it a 8.3 - 8.5 out of 10.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Spartan on September 14, 2007, 06:58:42 PM
I liked Twilight Princess and Mario Strikers Charged more
You all know what I'm going to say.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

JGE

UnagiPower

Twilight Princess was even more terrible then I thought it was.  gonk;

Helped my friend beat it today cause he wanted it completed it for the heck of it. I was playing the last dungeon and it was utter crap. :'(

I want my 4 hours back.

JGE

Quote from: UnagiPower on September 14, 2007, 07:06:59 PM
Twilight Princess was even more terrible then I thought it was.  gonk;

Helped my friend beat it today cause he wanted it completed it for the heck of it. I was playing the last dungeon and it was utter crap. :'(

I want my 4 hours back.

Twilight Princess has nothing to do with this.

JGE

Quote from: Justin Waner on September 14, 2007, 07:09:17 PM
"It is indeed a pretty good game, though I liked Twilight Princess and Mario Strikers Charged more, Metroid Prime 3 is still a okay game."

A tad bit.

I also said Mario Strikers Charged as well, why not mention that. All I'm saying is what games I liked more, nothing to do with the games quality.

Samus Aran

Except for her monologues in Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid, Samus pretty much never talks. She's almost a complete silent protagonist. I guess that's one good reason for them to not give her voice acting.

Commander Fuckass

Why do you compare this game to a crap Mario game?  gonk;

Charged fucking sucked ass.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

JGE

Quote from: Faust on September 15, 2007, 05:20:22 PM
Why do you compare this game to a crap Mario game?  gonk;

Charged fucking sucked ass.

Do you own it?

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Spartan on September 15, 2007, 05:21:37 PM
Do you own it?
Rented it. and What I played so far, its not a improvement of the first one. fucking sucks balls.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

JGE

Quote from: Faust on September 15, 2007, 05:23:45 PM
Rented it. and What I played so far, its not a improvement of the first one. fucking sucks balls.

Never played the first one. Though I was not comparing them, I was just commenting on what I liked better.

Go Up