October 02, 2024, 01:16:30 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Have you had a friend or family member die?

Started by Daddy, August 08, 2007, 10:03:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Poll

Yes, a family member
19 (63.3%)
Yes, a friend
1 (3.3%)
Yes, both
6 (20%)
No.
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Go Down

Daddy

And I mean while you were alive and able to realize what happened.  So you don't have to go "uhm ya 100 yrz ago"

Kalahari Inkantation

No. I'm very lucky. Hopefully nothing like that happens for a very, very long time.

JGE

Why yes, a family member. Quite a few times actually.

anus

Well, my mom's cousin's mom died while were in Syria. She had a stroke.

But it was like the first time in my life I saw her. Golly, my mom knew more what to do while she was hospitalized than the doctors themselves.
dicks

Daddy

I've had both.

My great grandmother died in December 2005 and my friend died 3 months ago.

Blaze-Senpai

Reverse Psychology

Houdini

A friend of mine friend hung himself. Two longtime family friends died of lung cancer. Neither of them smoked, interestingly enough.

C.Mongler

My grandpa (he kicked ass) and my great grandma (never really knew her that well so I felt bad that I wasn't like extremely sad)

Lozal

My dad, grandma, grandpa, and friend have died. Carla...
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

FAMY2

My uncle 4 years older than me, my dad, sister and a good friend last night.     edumacate;

Samus Aran

When I was about 8 or so, my friend Brenna died of cancer. She was considerably older than me, but we still got along well. I wasn't nearly as affected by it all as her family, but...it was still quite painful.

And as for family members, my grandfather died a few years ago. Surprisingly, both of my great grandparents are still alive, though I don't expect them to live more than another 2 or 3 years. They're in horrible shape.

Tomboh

Hyper

No one close to me has died, so I never really know how to act when others aren't as fortunate.

V

Yes. My Mother when I was 13,  and my Grandmother when I was 11 I think.

Go Up