What do you think about student debt cancellation?

Started by kettu, October 21, 2021, 01:25:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kettu

I get why so many people are against it, but it kind of seems more of a, "I paid mine off why shouldn't others," type deal.
I think maybe the discussion at about 10k is a good start, as it kind of goes hand in hand with the free community college. Two years costs about 10k on the higher end.

strongbad

kettu

its hard to figure out where to cap it when there's way too many people who are 100k + in debt who can't find job to pay it off.

strongbad

yeah it's such a toxic system

i guess my biggest critique is that we need to offer debt cancellation but we also need to stop these predatory loans from happening in the first place. our university system needs a massive overhaul. it is WAY too for-profit for very little benefit to the students

C.Mongler

get rid of that shit

society gonna be in for a shock next year 30% of the population suddenly owes hundreds of dollars a month in loan payments again doodhuh;

i need to get my wife signed up for PSLF now that they've expanded elligibility. she should be or close to being elligible to wiping that shit out, which would be great if we didn't have $25,000 of debt suddenly!!

reeper

Shouldn't have inflated the cost of college in the first place and adding this debt to the National debt isn't fixing the root cause problem, thus creating more problems in the first place.

College is a decent tool to educate people but the cost and hoops to jump need to be corrected.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: kettu on October 21, 2021, 01:34:43 PMits hard to figure out where to cap it when there's way too many people who are 100k + in debt who can't find job to pay it off.
you don't

get rid of it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ikanaide

i'm in 60k debt gaining interest and have not been able to find a decent job the entire time since i've graduated.. cancellation sounds nice right about now :)

also i'm aware this is more of an american discussion and i don't live in the states so i can't really speak on it, i just saw an excuse to share my pain :'(

Ezloﺕ

:)

Samus Aran

Go Up