June 20, 2024, 10:32:06 PM

1,531,269 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

52 Games in 52 Weeks 2020: Decade Redux Edition

Started by C.Mongler, January 01, 2020, 04:38:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I'm gonna fucking destroy 52 Games in 52 Weeks 2021. Like I'm shootin way past 52, just watch.

Hiro

fuck yeah man, do it
maybe I'll actually beat like 3+ games next year too lmao

YPrrrr

Lol I'm on Hiros level - 3 or 5 is pretty much my speed

Samus Aran

now begin operation "get a bunch of games near the ending and finish them all in the first week of 2021"

AAAAAAAA

I got the end credits on World's End Club on Apple Arcade. But apparently it's just the first part of the game and the rest will be released next year??? Do I count it or not?

Nyerp

AAAAAAAA

ehhhh i'll count it. I'm not gonna make it to 52 probably anyway.

Samus Aran

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on December 01, 2020, 04:48:17 PMI'm not gonna make it to 52 probably anyway.

you stand by far the best chance out of all of us. do it for us brother

C.Mongler

beat spider-man miles morales. twas some spider-man alright

C.Mongler

beat ganbare goemon 2 on snes while taking a shit today. wtf this game is one of the best snes games

C.Mongler

one more game until i make it halfway to 52 this year lol sillydood;

Nyerp

beat pikmin 3 (NOT deluxe) after like 5 years of it being in my backlog

dragon quest 7 is holding me down right now; i was told it's really long but i wasn't expecting it to be >100 hours long, christ. goonish might just put it on hold until next year because it's such a slog

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Nyerp on December 09, 2020, 05:22:09 PMbeat pikmin 3 (NOT deluxe) after like 5 years of it being in my backlog

dragon quest 7 is holding me down right now; i was told it's really long but i wasn't expecting it to be >100 hours long, christ. goonish might just put it on hold until next year because it's such a slog
did you think of pikmin 3??

also I beat a visual novel on the SNES called Ihatovo Monogatari, basically you play this dude who rolls up in a town called Ihatovo via train looking for an author named Kenji Miyazawa. Kenji skipped town just before you arrive, so you gotta find 9 of his notebooks and that will lead you to Kenji.

The chapters are based on stories that Miyazawa had written. I loved talking to all the NPCs, and the world is very surreal. If you're stuck, you head to a building full of cats and they'll tell you where to go. One chapter involved trying to stop a bullfrog from getting treefrogs too drunk and using them as indentured servants. Another was about a fox village that only children could get to. Every local and scene in this game is real comfy. There was a nice movie theater in the town and you could pop in and see some nice sprite work of Charlie Chaplin or a couple kissing. The ending is a crazy wrap up that kind of explains what happened to the other characters in the story, I don't want to spoil too much.

the music was great too. I played this game in November and it's the perfect fall game. It's not a game for everyone, but if you want to just relax and talk to drunk frogs I highly recommend. 4/5

Samus Aran

Nyerp

Go Up