May 17, 2024, 01:15:56 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Nyerp, June 10, 2018, 09:15:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

blighttown 6.0: monkey edition

Samus Aran

you mean the lil poison swamp at the bottom of boddhisattva valley? thankfully there's not a ton of reason to go down there lol, just one merchant, some items, and a small ~secret area~ with something important for one ending

Nyerp

holy fuck i'm so pissed at myself

immediately after killing the great serpent i accidentally fell back down into the water and now there's literally no way across the broken bridge

i hope i didn't just permanently fuck myself over on getting over there wajhjksiaoijkidjkkjdksajkellw;lw;;lzl,

Nyerp

guardian ape round 2 down in 1 try

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on May 31, 2019, 09:57:08 PMholy fuck i'm so pissed at myself

immediately after killing the great serpent i accidentally fell back down into the water and now there's literally no way across the broken bridge

it's just a tiny area and i dont think theres anything valuable there tbh, just a couple unimportant items

Quote from: Nyerp on June 01, 2019, 02:35:45 PMguardian ape round 2 down in 1 try

they reduced the health and posture on the second guardian ape(s) encounter way too much. i was genuinely hoping for at least a somewhat challenging gank fight, but it's actually pathetically easy lol

Nyerp

time to go back and dive into every body of water in the world

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 01, 2019, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on June 01, 2019, 02:35:45 PMguardian ape round 2 down in 1 try

they reduced the health and posture on the second guardian ape(s) encounter way too much. i was genuinely hoping for at least a somewhat challenging gank fight, but it's actually pathetically easy lol

oh for a second i thought i was actually getting better at the game awdood;

Samus Aran

lmao i mean, to be fair, it's also easier because you already know how to fight them, so yes it's partly because you got better. but they're also much weaker.

Nyerp

i think i'm near the end of the game, and i think i just did an optional (refight) boss that might unlock a specific ending

it was fucking hard

also i need 8 more scales to unlock the final(?) piece of this dragon mask but i'm not sure i should bother because i don't even know what it will do lmao

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on June 05, 2019, 12:21:46 AMi think i'm near the end of the game, and i think i just did an optional (refight) boss that might unlock a specific ending

it was fucking hard

also i need 8 more scales to unlock the final(?) piece of this dragon mask but i'm not sure i should bother because i don't even know what it will do lmao

dragon mask uses 5 skill points to give you 1 extra attack point. it is entirely useless, and here's why. skill points take longer and longer to get the more you get them, since it's effectively your experience. wouldn't you want to use those skill points to unlock skills, so you can get them all? in addition, 1 measly attack point is negligible compared to just...being good lmao. and another thing: while there are only so many prayer beads, attack power does not have this same issue - even on ng+ and above runs, you're still getting memories from bosses and getting more attack power.

i got the mask for completion's sake. but the only things that truly matter from scale merchants are the lapis lazuli (as there are only so many available per playthrough, they are NOT enemy drops) and the floating passage scroll.

Samus Aran

that being said, there are actually enough carp scales in one playthrough to get everything from the merchants. they're not hard to come by, either. so if you want the mask for completion's sake, go right ahead. but i would recommend not using it.

Nyerp

oh.............yeah i'm gonna focus on the lapis lazuli

Nyerp

beat the weird dragon thing. fromsoft fucking rules at gimmick bosses and i wish they would make more

Nyerp

demon of hatred down. wtf why did he turn into that :(

also i'm pretty stubborn about not using a wakthrough on my first playthrough but i NEED TO KNOW WHERE MALCONTENT'S RING IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on June 05, 2019, 11:26:02 PMdemon of hatred down. wtf why did he turn into that :(

also i'm pretty stubborn about not using a wakthrough on my first playthrough but i NEED TO KNOW WHERE MALCONTENT'S RING IS AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ichimen Warrior that appears where you fought the two Guardian Apes previously. Kudos to you fighting the Demon of Hatred without Malcontent lol, that thing makes fighting him a lot easier.

Nyerp

Quote from: Samus Aran on June 06, 2019, 01:43:02 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on June 05, 2019, 11:26:02 PMdemon of hatred down. wtf why did he turn into that :(

Ichimen Warrior that appears where you fought the two Guardian Apes previously. Kudos to you fighting the Demon of Hatred without Malcontent lol, that thing makes fighting him a lot easier.
thx for the info. and yeah it was p. hard but then i realized that deflecting a lot of his attacks is a bad idea because of the burn effect they have and you should focus on getting around to his right side instead. felt more like a dark souls/bloodborne boss. and also stay the FUCK out of his ring of fire in phase 3.

Go Up