May 02, 2024, 07:07:02 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

E3 2017 thread

Started by bluaki, June 09, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

This E3's biggest loser?

Nintendo
2 (12.5%)
Microsoft
3 (18.8%)
Sony
3 (18.8%)
Apple
2 (12.5%)
Console gaming in general
0 (0%)
PC gaming in general
2 (12.5%)
Gaming in general
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Big Goop on June 13, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
But damm, do I hope dqxi is revealed too
uh bro dqxi has been shown off for a while now, 3ds, ps4, and switch

TooB

June 13, 2017, 03:19:59 PM #271 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:26:30 PM by Big Goop
Quote from: ƕɾο on June 13, 2017, 03:19:32 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on June 13, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
But damm, do I hope dqxi is revealed too
uh bro dqxi has been shown off for a while now, 3ds, ps4, and switch
for a western release

Bro
doodhuh;

Hiro

June 13, 2017, 03:57:13 PM #272 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:15:11 PM by ???
you didn't say that at all, you said "revealed" goonish

anyway, my top 5:

1. Beyond Good & Evil 2
2. Metroid Prime 4
3. Mario Odyssey
4. The Long Night
5. Kirby

Others that looked good were Shadow of the Colossus, Ori, Mario + Rabbids, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Metroid: Samus Returns, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Wolfenstein II, and maybe a couple others I can't think of
I'm likely to get Splatoon 2 but I don't really count that as E3 content

TooB

C.Mongler

welp, bad news is monster hunter XX is confirmed dead in the west (or at least "at this time")

good news (and bad news 4 john) is that people who have seen the devs demo world in action say the combat is still pretty much monster hunter with some QoL upgrades and grapling hooks that make it more vertical. so i will try 2 stay optimistic

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

yeah i'm considering it tbh lol it should be kind of okay to understand

only problem is there's 4000 items and they're all in Japanese (tho guesses could probably be made for a lot of them pretty easily)

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 08:13:19 PM
welp, bad news is monster hunter XX is confirmed dead in the west (or at least "at this time")

good news (and bad news 4 john) is that people who have seen the devs demo world in action say the combat is still pretty much monster hunter with some QoL upgrades and grapling hooks that make it more vertical. so i will try 2 stay optimistic

oh well. Not bad news, so much as continuing to not care about mh.

Hiro

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 08:13:19 PM

hasn't the MH series been stagnant for a while? A few changes to the series and a real graphical overhaul seem like things the series needs

C.Mongler

not really? i mean it has its niche and core concepts for sure, but each iteration has added a decent amount of shit, from weapons, to monsters, to being able to mount monsters, to most recently hunter styles & arts in Gen.

i mean most of my worry really stemmed from a 4chan rumor that said they were making a western monster hunter that significantly dumbed down the mechanics of the game that made it sound like it was basically monster hunter: skyrim with hold X to slay combat and other dumbass western game ideas ("tru open world") that just sounded like hot garbage when introduced to monster hunter

that said now that people have seen the game in action the general consensus seems to be it's still monster hunter and the 4chan rumor was bullshit that just got lucky on guessing some parts of the story right, so i will remain hopeful this game is gud

does suck that monster hunter night with the boys IRL is ded now tho lel but whatever

Samus Aran

i didnt really pay much attention to nintendo's stuff except for little tidbits i heard. except for metroid, i was all over that.

just watched the mario oddyssey trailer now and it looks cool as hell tbh

bluaki

Hm, with the confirmation that Pokémon Switch is indeed happening, this makes me wonder:

What about multiuser?

Switch will be the first console with a core Pokémon game that supports multiple users. Naturally, this means several people can have separate save files with one console and one copy of the game.

Will the game allow trade/battle between two users with one console? Or will the two save files be completely isolated, unable to interact at all ever, thanks to the Switch's inability to even moves files between consoles (which I hope will be fixed in an OS update by then but wouldn't count on it)

Animal Crossing makes me wonder about the same thing. Will separate users have different towns? Will they be able to visit each other? Any splitscreen multiplayer?

I know that, at least, the console supports using multiple user accounts at once for multiplayer for any game that chooses to use that feature.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 02:49:45 PM
so what's everyone's TOP 5 GAMES OF THE SHOW???

1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
4. Wolfenstein II
5. Shadow of the Colossus

the seven that most drew my attention are shadow of the colossus, samus returns, monster hunter, mario odyssey, cuckhead cuphead, the uncharted dlc, and kirby

as for the top five, in order of interest:

5. monster hunter

4. shadow of the colossus

3. uncharted: lost legacy

2. super mario odyssey

1. metroid: samus returns

bluaki

Quote from: bluaki on June 15, 2017, 06:34:32 PM
thanks to the Switch's inability to even move files between consoles (which I hope will be fixed in an OS update by then but wouldn't count on it)
I just saw this article with a new interview talking about exactly this: http://mashable.com/2017/06/15/nintendo-switch-saves-reggie

Here's an interesting quote:
QuoteOur focus in launching Nintendo Switch was to make it a stellar game-playing device. In driving that focus there were elements that we knew needed to come later. Like Nintendo Switch Online. Like other services â€" the Netflix and Amazon Primes of the world. With that as background, we are keenly aware of all of the things that consumers are asking for.

For us, it really is about thinking through how to do this in a way that makes good business sense but also is something that the consumer is really going to be excited about. We’re aware of requests around cloud saves or file management, we’re certainly aware of all the requests for legacy content, we’re aware of consumers asking for ways to have multiple devices linked to one particular account, we’re aware of all of those. What we’re trying to do is deliver positive steps on all of these areas but in a way that is prioritized and makes sense for us.

I'm surprised Reggie is specifically addressing the idea of multiple devices linked to one account. I figured that's just something we'll just never get, but it's almost like they're actually considering it. Of course, none of these are promises and they might never be addressed.

He also says/implies that the delay can be at least in part attributed to Nintendo struggling to come up with a good solution that doesn't enable homebrew/hacking/piracy

It looks like we can't expect any meaningful system updates until after the launch of the paid Switch Online service next year.

Go Up