May 14, 2024, 11:46:42 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

E3 2017 thread

Started by bluaki, June 09, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

This E3's biggest loser?

Nintendo
2 (12.5%)
Microsoft
3 (18.8%)
Sony
3 (18.8%)
Apple
2 (12.5%)
Console gaming in general
0 (0%)
PC gaming in general
2 (12.5%)
Gaming in general
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

bluaki

"Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions" was just announced for 3DS, releasing October 6, 2017.

Most of the game is a remake of the original Superstar Saga, and an extra mode was added where you play as bowser minions like goombas and whatnot who are on a quest to find bowser

TooB

Hiro

welp Superstar Saga DX confirmed, probably going to have to get that too
add another one to my correct predictions (i mean this one was leaked a while back so)

also Xenoblade looks cohesive to me idk

bluaki

In case you all didn't notice, the new Kirby game lets you combine copy abilities.

It's vaguely similar, but not quite the same as Kirby 64.

Like in Super Star, you can turn a copy ability into a computer-controlled Helper, this time for up to 3 helpers at once (when playing in single-player). You can have those helpers use their move on kirby's weapon, giving kirby a changed version of his original ability.

You don't get a totally new ability though, it just adds an element to your base ability. For example, adding an Ice attribute to Stone gives you a sliding cold stone that freezes stuff. Adding Fire to a Sword gives you a flame sword. Some other combinations shown include Hammer+Water, Whip+Spark, Cutter+Fire, and Bomb+Water.

bluaki

Earlier today, Nyko announced some new Switch accessories: http://nintendoeverything.com/nyko-latest-switch-accessories-portable-dock-and-much-more/

Most notably among these, they have a portable dock for connecting to a TV that costs $45 with an AC adapter and HDMI cable included. Compare that to Nintendo's official $90 dock which is so much bigger and clunky to transport anywhere. Unlike Nintendo's dock, the Nyko one doesn't have any USB ports, so you can't use ethernet or wired controllers.

It's still dumb that Nintendo didn't just follow the USB spec which would've made the Switch work with all the USB-C laptop docks and video adapters that already exist.

Hiro

gotta sell proprietary accessories somehow
also that portable dock does look like a good extra dock, though I'm glad the original isn't like that

TooB

C.Mongler

too lazy to find it again but there was some release from some sony doof that had DQ XI western release on it, maybe dats it ;)

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 02:32:13 PM
too lazy to find it again but there was some release from some sony doof that had DQ XI western release on it, maybe dats it ;)
maybe that's in it, but emil is definitely a nier thing.

But damm, do I hope dqxi is revealed too

C.Mongler

oh i totally read over the emil thing lol maybe neir port is real

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 02:44:46 PM
oh i totally read over the emil thing lol maybe neir port is real
I for one, (and only) hope so

C.Mongler

so what's everyone's TOP 5 GAMES OF THE SHOW???

1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
4. Wolfenstein II
5. Shadow of the Colossus

bluaki

Not directly E3 related but still gaming news that happened today:

Comcept (the studio that made Mighty No 9 and ReCore) was acquired by Level-5

TooB

I'm sorry level-5....

My tops are metroid
Metroid
Shadow
Wolfenstein
Ori

YPrrrr

Okay after actually having a chance to watch some of the E3 trailers I must say I'm incredibly impressed by Wolfenstein, Mario Odyssey,
And Mario + Rabbids. I didn't really have much enthusiasm about any of them (and downright vitriol at Rabbids) but after watching them all 3 seem fun and interesting. Never thought I'd say that about Rabbids but hey here we are. Wolfenstein I thought was just going to be another Nazi slaughterfest, which it is, but the story and humor shown really appeal to me. For Odyssey I thought the hat was weird and Mario going to the real world is too cringey. The trailer showed off some really cool mechanics and worlds though that I am excited to try out. The hat taking over different environmental hazards and characters/enemies is baller. The real world thing is still kinda cringey though
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 13, 2017, 02:49:45 PM
so what's everyone's TOP 5 GAMES OF THE SHOW???

1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
4. Wolfenstein II
5. Shadow of the Colossus
If I'm only including games that showed footage (which makes the most sense obv) then in no particular order:

Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II
Assassins Creed
Kirby
Madden

Pokemon on switch has me most excited but that's very far away and isn't even as far as a name so... eh.

Go Up