September 29, 2024, 04:20:51 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

fucking hell why did i have to volunteer

Started by 6M69I69B9, May 22, 2017, 07:32:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

alright so I was TOO cocky about fixing shit in general (i fixed my wii u gamepad from sperging, I replaced the analog stick of my n3ds, I know how to get into a gc controller)

and so my friend had broken his wii u gamepad and i offered to fix it bc i felt bad for him and i told him i wouldnt jew him for fixing it like nintendo

and lol while in the grind of getting into the system, the FUCKING fastener for the touch screen chipped off and I tried using artist's gum eraser to put it in.  but lol i fucked UP.  The thing is- I actually FIXED IT, but had to go back into the system because I left in a few screws, and lol that's when it happened.

i held it for about two months now

He knows I broke the fastener, but he said he wasn't that angry and as long as I could fix it.  Though, I feel I need to confront to him that fixing it at this point is abysmal and I feel like I should just give him my gamepad for the sake of compensation for keeping it so long, even if it was broken when he handed it to me, and I'll just buy a used one. 

At least I have much more experience and know that I need to be on top of my game to actually fix something this annoying to go through (so many annoying steps). 

What should I do when I text to him about it?  Tell him that I could pay 75% and to ignore the costs of what I bought (I bought an lcd screen for like $10 and bought two touch screens, one for $10 and an official one for $15 lol)?  Offer my gamepad to get it over with and just buy a new one?

Am I being too generous?  I mean I did hold on to it for a long time.  I know I paid like $35 for parts but it's all useless now that I couldn't get to fix it in the end.  I had it working ONE time, but I just can't get it back to how it was.  God damn.  I just want to have this past me. 

I think I'll also have to sell his gamepad for spare parts and give him the funds. 

Suggest alternatives or better solutions. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

rdl

stop thinking so much

pass it on to someone else and then blame them lol

C.Mongler

i dunno do what your heart tells u

but this is why when i do shit like this i am very upfront with "i probably wont fuck it up but no promises man lol you get what you pay for"

Kalahari Inkantation

in the future, definitely don't promise anyone you can solve their tech issues unless you're absolutely certain you can lol

and ensure you have a backup plan just in case something like this should happen

as for right now, if it's truly beyond repair, i'm not sure you have a choice but to replace it for him myface;

silvertone

just keep it and never talk to the guy again

Go Up