Literally The Current Year And We're Still Having Abortion Debates (On Boyah)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 08, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 02:03:43 AM #30 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:50:25 AM by Majorana's Mask
i'm going to make an assumption about you that you're going to tell me is wrong:

the only time you are ever truly immersed in the Old World Religion to which you otherwise only loosely adhere is on the matter of abortion

the bias of your old world upbringing comes through strong in all your rebuttals

until you realize that you are religiously biased on this matter, we will continue to make no progress

and again, i'm not even sure what progress needs to be made, it seems we agree in practical terms

YPrrrr

Sure. And your natural new york liberal bias comes through in yours that ignore basic scientific facts and legal definitions. There's no progress to be made that's why it's an abortion debate! Which is why the original premise of a common middle won't work

Kalahari Inkantation

ypr, where is the practical difference in our conclusions on abortion

rdl

Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 07:51:05 AM
Sure. And your natural new york liberal bias comes through in yours that ignore basic scientific facts and legal definitions. There's no progress to be made that's why it's an abortion debate! Which is why the original premise of a common middle won't work
i would just call it a meme understanding of science, but i guess you could call it new york

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ADX on May 09, 2017, 07:56:54 AM
i would just call it a meme understanding of science

says the guy who believes you can """reverse your glasses prescription""" lol

rdl

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 07:58:18 AM
Quote from: ADX on May 09, 2017, 07:56:54 AM
i would just call it a meme understanding of science

says the guy who thinks he can (((read the bible himself))) lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm not even sure what that means

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 07:52:20 AM
Well we both seem to begrudge it but while you called it a necessary evil I would not agree it is necessary although perhaps logically excusable in a select few instances

rdl

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 08:23:28 AM #39 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:29:11 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 08:19:08 AM
Well we both seem to begrudge it

As in, we both begrudgingly accept that it should be permissible as needed?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 08:23:28 AM
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 08:19:08 AM
Well we both seem to begrudge it

As in, we both begrudgingly accept that it should be permissible?
Sort of. You begrudgingly accept it should be permissible because it does have utility and can help reduce unwanted births which can lead to issues for society and the economy further down the road. I begrudgingly accept that it is permitted but would argue that it is not necessary providing society was willing to make the sacrifices necessary for the care of the unwanted (which it's not so perhaps it really is a moot point although I find it sad we value lower taxes over human life).

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 08:39:51 AM #41 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:46:26 AM by Majorana's Mask
so, to be clear: we are uncomfortable with it, but acknowledge that it can sometimes be utilitarian

if our conclusions are in practice equal, what in god's name are you accusing me of on the last page

YPrrrr

May 09, 2017, 08:49:05 AM #42 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:52:11 AM by YPargh
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 08:39:51 AM
so, to be clear: we are uncomfortable with it, but acknowledge that it is utilitarian

if our conclusions are in practice equal, what in god's name are you accusing me of on the last page
I'm not accusing you of anything?

I mean i would acknowledge it is utilitarian in the same way  eugenics is utilitarian. I don't know that something bring utilitarian necessarily justifies the end result. But sure I can see how it could be useful

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 08:52:37 AM #43 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:58:44 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 08:49:05 AM
I mean i would acknowledge it is utilitarian in the same way human experimentation and eugenics are utilitarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

you accused me of being a "new york liberal"

i'd like to know what that means to you

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 08:52:37 AM
I mean i would acknowledge it is utilitarian in the same way human experimentation and eugenics are utilitarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

you accused me of being a "new yorker"

i'd like to know what that means to you
How are they not equivalent though? All three involve the possibility of sacrificing human life for the future benefit of society. And I should not have said human experimentation so broadly as clearly there is need for it I meant more in the vein of the risky experimentation conducted on animals that is not permitted upon humans for initial trials. Just for clarification.

Well you are from New York and the NYC metropolitan statistical area afaik which skews heavily left. It's just as much an indoctrination and influence upon people's beliefs as being raised in a religion. The arguments you use are consistent with the pro abortion  arguments one would expect from a New Yorker as many of mine are what one would expect of a Catholic. It matters as much or as little as you bringing my religion into it

Go Up