October 24, 2024, 07:20:45 AM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

tips and tricks on how to give two weeks notice

Started by ME##, June 02, 2016, 02:03:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

i remember quitting my first job
my boss thought i was high and was about to make an appointment to discuss that with me but i already told him that i was quitting because "it wasn't what i expected, i'm not quite right for this position"
i knew exactly what he was referring to, he thought i was high but i was just really sleepy--the work was so factory-esque and repetitive it was putting me to sleep
i was a "furniture designer assistant" and turns out that just means cutting plastic with an x-acto knife with precise measurements or iron large paper
i just thought, "lol just invest in manufacturing rather than rely on man hands, you can sell your product internationally instead of locally, you don't even make any unique furniture, just minimalist lamps that can obviously be manifactured pretty easily"
then two years later the company moved to new jersey cos they couldn't afford their manhattan location anymore
also moving heavy objects
i dont know how the tiny designer clad asian girl did it

??????

oh lol i hugged my boss a goodbye and didn't collect two weeks of pay (11-5 pm) because i felt so embarrassed

silvertone

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on June 04, 2016, 10:32:13 PM
i remember quitting my first job
my boss thought i was high and was about to make an appointment to discuss that with me but i already told him that i was quitting because "it wasn't what i expected, i'm not quite right for this position"
i knew exactly what he was referring to, he thought i was high but i was just really sleepy--the work was so factory-esque and repetitive it was putting me to sleep
i was a "furniture designer assistant" and turns out that just means cutting plastic with an x-acto knife with precise measurements or iron large paper
i just thought, "lol just invest in manufacturing rather than rely on man hands, you can sell your product internationally instead of locally, you don't even make any unique furniture, just minimalist lamps that can obviously be manifactured pretty easily"
then two years later the company moved to new jersey cos they couldn't afford their manhattan location anymore
also moving heavy objects
i dont know how the tiny designer clad asian girl did it
you're hands are v-fragile

Go Up