May 17, 2024, 03:46:05 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

wtf is miitomo

Started by Daddy, March 21, 2016, 01:17:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

It works fine for me. Nexus 5X, Android 6.0, stock image, no root. It even specifically supports the Android 6.0 permissions system: it normally needs no special permission, it asks for camera access when you try to scan a QR code, it asks for filesystem access if you try to save a QR code, and it asks for GPS access when you try adding nearby friends.

The most bizarre thing about this, in my opinion (and unsurprisingly for Nintendo), is the friend system. You can't add people by username or friend code. Aside from being in the same room as somebody (I don't know how well that works yet), the only other way to add friends is to link your Facebook or Twitter account and then add any mutual friends you have there. Even though your Nintendo Account links to your Nintendo Network ID, you can't add WiiU/Miiverse friends to your Miitomo friend list. I wonder if this same system is what NX will use.

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on March 31, 2016, 11:31:41 AM
I wonder if this same system is what NX will use.

God, I hope not.

Daddy

It works fine for me. Nexus 5X, Android 6.0, stock image, no root.
That's because they're specifically blocking root  akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood;

C.Mongler

don't wanna let u hack a supermii

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 31, 2016, 11:34:34 AM
I wonder if this same system is what NX will use.

God, I hope not.
I hope they at least add usernames. Sharing the same friend list might be nice though.

Quote from: Khadafi on March 31, 2016, 11:40:53 AM
It works fine for me. Nexus 5X, Android 6.0, stock image, no root.
That's because they're specifically blocking root  akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood;
Apparently there are ways to hide root from specific apps. I think there's an Xposed module or something for that.

Hiro

The most bizarre thing about this, in my opinion (and unsurprisingly for Nintendo), is the friend system. You can't add people by username or friend code. Aside from being in the same room as somebody (I don't know how well that works yet), the only other way to add friends is to link your Facebook or Twitter account and then add any mutual friends you have there. Even though your Nintendo Account links to your Nintendo Network ID, you can't add WiiU/Miiverse friends to your Miitomo friend list. I wonder if this same system is what NX will use.
well shit this sucks, how am i supposed to add boyagers that i don't have on facebook like you
aside from that i quite like the app so far, works really smoothly

Daddy

oh i forgot i had an iphone lol

im going to install it on my iphone

bluaki

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 31, 2016, 12:13:48 PM
well shit this sucks, how am i supposed to add boyagers that i don't have on facebook like you
aside from that i quite like the app so far, works really smoothly
Nintendo Account supports linking Google+, but strangely, Miitomo can't actually add friends from there, so the linking is pointless. Maybe that will come in a later update.

also I have this at least linked to a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/kurenfin

I don't like Facebook as much.

Daddy

what do you even do in this game

i have like 5k coins what is this

Hiro

you buy clothes and shit for your mii with it
and then just communicate with ppl idk i think there's minigames too

don't let's

[Spoiler][/spoiler]

Lolololol

Thyme

don't let's

March 31, 2016, 06:41:49 PM #27 Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:11:24 PM by
So I just stuck it on my tablet, but I don't have wifi at home so...

don't let's

Quote from: Chyme on March 31, 2016, 06:36:25 PM
agreed
I had 45mb space left on my phone after that. I deleted a couple things and got it up to 200mb, but I need about 500mb so my phone doesn't give me low storage error messages and won't let me update apps

Thyme

What do I do to relieve stress? I don't think Nintendo would like my answer. hocuspocus;

Go Up