May 18, 2024, 08:52:14 AM

1,531,627 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

DOTA 2 THREAD

Started by C.Mongler, October 27, 2015, 11:18:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 28, 2016, 12:50:21 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 28, 2016, 10:13:32 AM
Just come play LoL with the rest of the world

Borg borg borg

why would i play an easier game with shittier, unintelligible graphics, with pay to win elements lol no fucking thank you
Graphics aren't unintelligible and it's not pay to win wat. Everything is free with a bit of time investment except skins dood

C.Mongler

you don't have access to every character from the start

that's retarded bullshit and immediately turns me off from ever wanting to play the game madood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 29, 2016, 09:01:48 PM

that's retarded bullshit and immediately turns me off from ever wanting to play the game madood;
Well there's 10 free champs every week and you earn in-game currency fairly fast to buy the champs you like. Unlike bloody HOTS, good luck ever affording anything in that shitshow.

But I'd hardly call that pay to win, it's not like you can only get shitty champs for free and have to pay real cash for the really good ones.

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPR Classic on February 29, 2016, 11:14:52 PM

Well there's 10 free champs every week and you earn in-game currency fairly fast to buy the champs you like. Unlike bloody HOTS, good luck ever affording anything in that shitshow.

But I'd hardly call that pay to win, it's not like you can only get shitty champs for free and have to pay real cash for the really good ones.

[move]lmao[/move]

[spoiler]you guys really find that shit acceptable? yeesh[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 01, 2016, 04:41:18 AM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 29, 2016, 11:14:52 PM

[move]lmao[/move]

[spoiler]you guys really find that shit acceptable? yeesh[/spoiler]
Um... I said it's not like that

#readingcomprehension

C.Mongler

March 01, 2016, 11:58:43 AM #20 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:21:18 PM by C.Mongler
what lol, you literally did though, you just are too busy stimulating Riot's prostate to actually read into your own description of their shill game.

There ARE really good champions and there ARE set positions and there ARE good team comps, and there is a really REALLY unflexible meta in LoL specifically. i don't know what game you're palying if you think otherwise becase i've yet to see a game in the genre that doesnt function this way. there are a fuckton of useless champions in league which you can see in tha numbas. like look at this shit, like 90% of the picks and bans are the god damn same. there was only 74 unique picks in a game with a hero pool of 126 characters.   which in itself isn't that much of a bad thing, considering these types of games have ebbes and flows of characters that have strength and characters that are just fuckin' awful, dota isn't necessarily different but it also doesn't make you pay for anything.

one, so when there's "really good champions", then your game is dumb and unbalanced nonsense to begin with. why even bother having more than a handful of champs if only a select few are going to be worth a damn? To fluff your free rotation and to convince players to buy characters when it's week 3 of D- tier champions?

two, if i come into the game and i am at a disadvantage because i dont have innate access to the "really good champions", then i would need to buy those champions to greatly increase my chances to secure victory, IN OTHER WORDS, I would have to

pay

to

win

three, runes, which are once again, put you at a disadvantage if you don't have and utilize properly.

like just because you CAN waste your whole fucking life playing to unlock things doesn't mean that it isn't god damn awful waste of your time and sanity. i could have sat on my ass and played tribes: ascend for weeks on end to unlock everything, but i didn't, because you know why? IT'S FUCKING BORING and that sense of boredom is only there to nag at you do dump money into the game so you can climb over that hurdle of being denied content. are there worst p2w offenders? oh yeah definitely. but at the very least LoL is pay 2 enjoy AT BEST, considering it takes 7 fucking years to unlock everything that DOTA 2 gives you the second you log in.

[spoiler]there's a million other reasons I can't and wouldn't play league but not having full access to the champion roster is the biggest one. if i was going to play a "Baby's First MOBA" it would be HotS really lol[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

ANWAY BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE THERE IS ALREADY A LEAGUE THREAD

i guess to start a more open discorse about not dota specifically: how does everyone feel about e-sports moving away from dank memes and trying to be more like "regular sports". if you havent followed at all, essentially James was fired by Valve because they felt he was being too unprofessional as well as stepping on Chinese cultural taboos in, well, China. A lot of people have been harkening it as the "end of era", the line in the sand where e-sports now MUST take itself seriously if it is to gain the respect folks think it deserves.

personally, i'm kind of annoyed by the WE MSUT BE REAL SPORTS mentality. especially since REAL SPORTS shoot the shit just as much as james was doing when he was hosting, like watch any sports talk show on ESPN and you'll see the same friendly flaming of players and cohosters as he was doing. also IT'S FUCKING VIDEO GAMES. lighten up a little man, you can have a little fun with this shit and it makes it entertaining

i doubt anyone has been watching DOTA but the shanghai major has been a major snoozefest since james got fired

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 01, 2016, 11:58:43 AM
what lol, you literally did though, you just are too busy stimulating Riot's prostate to actually read into your own description of their shill game.

There ARE really good champions and there ARE set positions and there ARE good team comps, and there is a really REALLY unflexible meta in LoL specifically. i don't know what game you're palying if you think otherwise becase i've yet to see a game in the genre that doesnt function this way. there are a fuckton of useless champions in league which you can see in tha numbas. like look at this shit, like 90% of the picks and bans are the god damn same. there was only 74 unique picks in a game with a hero pool of 126 characters.  which in itself isn't that much of a bad thing, considering these types of games have ebbes and flows of characters that have strength and characters that are just fuckin' awful, dota isn't necessarily different but it also doesn't make you pay for anything.

one, so when there's "really good champions", then your game is dumb and unbalanced nonsense to begin with. why even bother having more than a handful of champs if only a select few are going to be worth a damn? To fluff your free rotation and to convince players to buy characters when it's week 3 of D- tier champions?

two, if i come into the game and i am at a disadvantage because i dont have innate access to the "really good champions", then i would need to buy those champions to greatly increase my chances to secure victory, IN OTHER WORDS, I would have to

pay

to

win

three, runes, which are once again, put you at a disadvantage if you don't have and utilize properly.

like just because you CAN waste your whole fucking life playing to unlock things doesn't mean that it isn't god damn awful waste of your time and sanity. i could have sat on my ass and played tribes: ascend for weeks on end to unlock everything, but i didn't, because you know why? IT'S FUCKING BORING and that sense of boredom is only there to nag at you do dump money into the game so you can climb over that hurdle of being denied content. are there worst p2w offenders? oh yeah definitely. but at the very least LoL is pay 2 enjoy AT BEST, considering it takes 7 fucking years to unlock everything that DOTA 2 gives you the second you log in.

[spoiler]there's a million other reasons I can't and wouldn't play league but not having full access to the champion roster is the biggest one. if i was going to play a "Baby's First MOBA" it would be HotS really lol[/spoiler]

Um, no? I said the good champs cost just as much as the bad champs. And both are free with in game money. Newer champs cost more, older champs cost less. There's no grading of champs that OP champs cost more and shit champs cost little. Which is not pay to play at all. I still think you can't read.

There are good champions but they are cyclical. There aren't champs that are just always awesome. The meta does change. Sure maybe it's not huge but the game will change in what is the most effect way to win and that is definitely a change in meta. At any one point in time there is usually a best way to play, sure. Still has nothing to do with free to play.

The "really good champions" have a tendency to be nerfed. Sure it's unbalanced, they release new shit all the time and then have to rebalance based on what changed. You seem to be under some impression that Riot intentionally makes certain champs objectively better.

Free weeks aren't based on the meta at all, they give you champions to fill any role for a team comp and cycle through all the champions. They are also taken from all IP price (ie free ingame money) points so it's not like they lock you out of playing anyone. And there are really no champions that are complete garbage I mean really. You say a "handful of champs that are selected" but then post an article that shows pro players picked more than 60% of the roster to play in competition. That seems like more than a handful.

If you're just starting to play the game it doesn't matter who you have because everyone in your elo sucks lol. And there will be good champs in the rotation so irrelevant. Who cares about winning normal games anyway the point is to learn the game in the beginning. I mean if you jump right into a game and immediately just suck the meta's dick what fun are you really having anyway. Learn what works best for you. You will naturally get IP to buy champs you enjoy. For free. That's not pay to win I don't think you know what pay to win is honestly.

Runes can't even be bought for real money, you can only get them through IP. And by the time you reach level 30 (which is required to play ranked), you will naturally have enough IP for enough runes and champions to be competitive at any position. Which is not pay to win.

It's like saying Pokemon is pay to win because you can buy an AR and get any pokemon at any level. Sure, you could do that, but you could also just grind and do it naturally albeit at the expense of time. Still not a free to play game.

Would I like to have all the champions available to me? Obviously. But that doesn't change the fact that it's not pay to win when the only things you need real money for are skins. You don't need every champ or every rune to win. That's just a stupid argument. In fact, you already argued that there are only a handful of champions that are good. So buy those champions. Boom. Done. You own all the "good" champions. No need to worry about unlocking the rest.

C.Mongler

lmao sure dude whatever you have to convince yourself

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 01, 2016, 06:27:53 PM
lmao sure dude whatever you have to convince yourself

wow saw that coming a mile away n_u

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

but really you guys are missing out this is one of the worst produced major e-sports tournaments i've ever seen. it's almost 2 AM in Shanghai and they're still on the last match due to the hours of delays today. they had to have spectators leave the stadium hours ago so they could do closing procedures lol. tourny has been streaming for about 15 hours now. by the time this is wrapped up the casters and commentators will have about 4-6 hours to sleep before they begin again tomorrow

YEESH valve get your shit together and hire an actual event staff, the 'do what you feel guys!' method is not working for torunaments this scale lol

Ezloﺕ

:)

C.Mongler

oh nice this thread is back

i havent won a single match on this patch so far, so i've kinda put off playing dota for a bit, i need to practice at this point im rusty lol

but overwatch be so fun

Go Up