May 05, 2024, 04:17:00 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fallout 3 Thread

Started by C.Mongler, October 28, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

And what about that final "boss" that is very possible to kill in one hit?

To give some credit to Bethesda, [spoiler] they originally DID stick with their decision to kill off the main character by NOT allowing the game to continue. There was no post game, and players whined about that because oblivion allowed you too. So after hearing complaints, they made broken steel. [/spoiler]

At least, I think that's the story.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on December 26, 2015, 06:58:32 PM
And what about that final "boss" that is very possible to kill in one hit?

To give some credit to Bethesda, [spoiler] they originally DID stick with their decision to kill off the main character by NOT allowing the game to continue. There was no post game, and players whined about that because oblivion allowed you too. So after hearing complaints, they made broken steel. [/spoiler]

At least, I think that's the story.

[spoiler]

but the original ending was terrible too, because of the existence of several companions who are immune to the effects of radiation

i just looked it up and apparently they wouldn't activate the purifier themselves pre-broken steel because 'it's your destiny' lol goonish

and even after broken steel the game treats you like shit if you dare make the perfectly reasonable decision of sending one of your radiation resistant companions into the purifier because apparently you're not a hero unless you die or otherwise expose yourself to risk needlessly

i guess i should never have sent fawkes to retrieve the geck for me then, huh

in fact, i should have just stabbed myself in the heart the minute i exited vault 101

the original ending is bad and their 'fix' is somehow even worse

there are a million ways that bethesda could have and should have avoided putting themselves in that situation at all, instead of deciding on this bold but poorly thought out ending that ultimately even they couldn't defend and badly bandaided

like even if they insisted on killing the lone wanderer, they could have at the very least had the foresight make followers unavailable to you on your final mission for arbitrary reason x, instead of allowing them to tag along until the last second but then refuse to help you when you most need it with some bs cop-out dialogue about """destiny"""

i don't necessarily mind that the player character is killed, but i do mind that the reasons for his death are senseless, and that bethesda upon conceding to this somehow made a bad ending even more nonsensical lol[/spoiler]

TooB

YeAh the ending is pretty dumb. Everyone pretty much says so then and now.
I guess it's to the games credit that it's still pretty strong despite the ending.

Fallout and elder scrolls are definitely more about the journey than the destination

Kalahari Inkantation

December 26, 2015, 07:42:56 PM #198 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:46:28 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Whyme on December 26, 2015, 06:55:56 PM
ok but did u have fun tho ifeelbetter;

oh yeah def. lol

excluding the ending, my complaints are minor and most of them apply to skyrim and probably every other bethesda game as well, but there are a few that are fallout 3-specific, like the agonizingly slow walking speed and tedious (though thankfully nonessential) crafting system

ultimately i think skyrim is better for a variety of reasons (or at least for more reasons than just 'i played it first') but i most certainly enjoyed my time with fallout 3 and do intend to finish broken steel before moving on goodjob;

i don't think i'll be going for 100% completion like i did for skyrim though lol

also i collected every bobblehead nyandood;

Kalahari Inkantation

broken steel complete wariodood;

and with that i have completed fallout 3 to my satisfaction

i look forward to playing new vegas happydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

and now to delete my 6.5gb of fallout saves :'(

goodbye to all 1471 of you except the most recent cry;

Go Up