June 17, 2024, 04:27:39 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Direct confirmed for 11/12 2PM PT

Started by 6M69I69B9, November 10, 2015, 09:26:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

TooB

TooB

I totally will get Pokemon Yellow when it releases on 3ds VC

C.Mongler

meehhhh

i mean i should have expected it, but the whole show was DLC, remakes, rereleases, and shit we knew about already. i mean it makes sense, but it's a total indicator that the Wii U and 3DS are fuckin dead as they aren't developing any new software for either system, or else they would have thrown us fuckin something to get excited about. at least they are still touting zelda u as a wii u game, so if it does go to NX it's probably going to be a TP dual release situation, so thats nice for those of us who were suckered into buying a 4-year cycle console

i would say expect NX reveal at e3, possible release at xmas 2016, though likely it won't be until spring 2017.

FUCKIN CLOUD THO

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 13, 2015, 08:24:07 AM
meehhhh

i mean i should have expected it, but the whole show was DLC, remakes, rereleases, and shit we knew about already. i mean it makes sense, but it's a total indicator that the Wii U and 3DS are fuckin dead as they aren't developing any new software for either system, or else they would have thrown us fuckin something to get excited about. at least they are still touting zelda u as a wii u game, so if it does go to NX it's probably going to be a TP dual release situation, so thats nice for those of us who were suckered into buying a 4-year cycle console

i would say expect NX reveal at e3, possible release at xmas 2016, though likely it won't be until spring 2017.

FUCKIN CLOUD THO
I wouldn't say the 3ds is dead as well, though it is surprising no new games were announced.
but I would honestly be surprised if 3ds support was done soon

C.Mongler

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2015, 09:42:53 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 13, 2015, 08:24:07 AM
meehhhh

FUCKIN CLOUD THO
I wouldn't say the 3ds is dead as well, though it is surprising no new games were announced.
but I would honestly be surprised if 3ds support was done soon

eh i mean there's nothing new that's a fuckin MEGATON on the horizon for it, and pretty much every major franchise nintendo still gives a fuck about has had a release on the thing already anyway. it just supports the rumor that the NX is a console/handheld hybrid. if it's true, there's really no reason to continue developing titles for either system.

i mean maybe im wrong and come the next direct we'll get some 3DS news, but it seems like after Bravely 2nd, Mario Paper Jam, and Fates come out there's fuckin nothingggg. don't get me wrong, i think the 3ds has had a fantastic run though, so i wouldn't be butthurt if it ends up being replaced with the NX; the wii u tho, god damn guys GOD DAMN

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah nintendo made it blatantly obvious that they've moved on from the wii u with their embarrassing e3 showing

the 3ds is about due for an upgrade considering its age, but i still have a very hard time believing that the nx will be a """hybrid""" so i'm not convinced we'll actually see a 3ds successor by holiday 2016

not to mention that the 3ds still sells pretty respectably, it competes with the xbox one for second place

the wii u, on the other hand, still sells more slowly than the dreamcast, and so it will definitely be succeeded by the nx by holiday 2016

C.Mongler

i mean i think it comes down to if the NX is actually a hybrid like rumoured. if it is, 3ds is dead as shit. if it aint, 3ds probably has 2-3 more years before it's succesor/ninty starts focusing on mobile instead BUT WHO KNOWS

Go Up