June 17, 2024, 03:44:37 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

nintendo president satoru iwata dead at 55

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 12, 2015, 05:32:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Well, that said, I guess what Nintendo needs more than anything is someone in charge who can say "Wii U, New 3DS, 2DS, and 3DS were all terrible product names. What were you guys thinking?"

Hopefully this can help them avoid repeating their naming disasters from the past five years with NX. While I'd say the name is a marketing issue, it probably isn't decided by marketing people.

Kalahari Inkantation

i like how easy it is to tell that he's literally never played a video game in his life, lol

what exactly is he doing with that ds

bluaki

There's really not much excuse for using your pointer fingers for the buttons on any gameboy, much less in a posed photo. Maybe it could be useful for rapid button-tapping? Maybe the tether can get in the way of how some people normally hold a GBASP?

[spoiler=tecshaming]i like how easy it is to tell that tec's literally never played a ds in his life, lol

what exactly is he doing with that gba sp picture[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

in other news, although iwata's absence will be felt, nintendo has confirmed that nintendo directs will continue

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/nintendo-directs-will-continue

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on September 15, 2015, 10:40:10 PM
There's really not much excuse for using your pointer fingers for the buttons on any gameboy, much less in a posed photo. Maybe it could be useful for rapid button-tapping? Maybe the tether can get in the way of how some people normally hold a GBASP?

[spoiler=tecshaming]i like how easy it is to tell that tec's literally never played a ds in his life, lol

what exactly is he doing with that gba sp picture[/spoiler]

apparently i'm blind :(

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/iwata-wanted-someone-younger-than-kimshima-as-president-but-nintendo-lacked

confirmed: he really is just a stopgap

it seems they're still in the process of grooming a new generation for leadership

also, i wonder who iwata's preferred choice was

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on September 15, 2015, 10:41:24 PM
in other news, although iwata's absence will be felt, nintendo has confirmed that nintendo directs will continue

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/nintendo-directs-will-continue
For a while, they've been resorting to random press releases and miscellaneous YouTube uploads instead of Directs for announcements.

I'd guess that maybe we'll finally get one around October.
They could probably use more trailers for Star Fox, Zelda TFH, Animal Crossing Amiibo Party, Xenoblade, SMT#FE, and M&L
Smash will probably get more character DLC this year.
It's probably about time to announce Pokemon Z
and those Nintendo mobile games that are supposedly releasing this year
and absolutely anything that actually releases in 2016

Quote from: Tectron on September 15, 2015, 10:53:16 PM
also, i wonder who iwata's preferred choice was
Sadly, we'll probably never know.

Unless, perhaps, what actually happened is that Iwata didn't manage to properly finish preparing that new person for leadership, so Kimishima is taking over until that person is more ready to take on a leadership role. Or similarly, maybe they decided that right before a new console announcement+launch and right before Nintendo's mobile stuff happens is a really bad time to throw some young, new leader into the fray, and Kimishima intends to just stay until things settle down a bit.

Go Up