April 28, 2024, 12:00:05 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

even if it weren't for the ports of its zelda and metroid games, i honestly can't think of any good reason to set up a gamecube today

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on September 18, 2018, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 07:31:56 PMI would not say melee or brawl were the pinnacle of their respective consoles either...

Hell, don't even think I'd say that for wii u either
Melee is absolutely the biggest reason people still have for setting up and using a GameCube nowadays.

Other than Melee the still-exclusive worthwhile GameCube library now basically amounts to Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Animal Crossing, Four Swords Adventures, and the Pokemon games.

I'd personally rather replay Sunshine than Melee any day, but that's not exactly the most popular of opinions.

Yeah. But melee fans are weird.
Its still not the pinnacle of the system

I don't discredit any other game just because they're available on other systems now. They were still gamecube games

YPrrrr

Well personally I would not have bought a Wii if not for Smash. It's probably the only game I put more than 20 hours into on Wii

I would have bought a Wii U for Smash if it wasn't on 3ds.

Idk I feel like more people would buy a Nintendo console for Smash than even Mario or Zelda. For the Wii Brawl outsold Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess.

I guess Mario Kart sells better than Smash though but that makes sense.

YPrrrr

September 18, 2018, 08:08:27 PM #738 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:12:31 PM by YPrrrr
Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
Quote from: bluaki on September 18, 2018, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on September 18, 2018, 07:31:56 PMI would not say melee or brawl were the pinnacle of their respective consoles either...

Hell, don't even think I'd say that for wii u either
Melee is absolutely the biggest reason people still have for setting up and using a GameCube nowadays.

Other than Melee the still-exclusive worthwhile GameCube library now basically amounts to Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Animal Crossing, Four Swords Adventures, and the Pokemon games.

I'd personally rather replay Sunshine than Melee any day, but that's not exactly the most popular of opinions.

Yeah. But melee fans are weird.
Its still not the pinnacle of the system

I don't discredit any other game just because they're available on other systems now. They were still gamecube games
Gamecube game would you say is more definitive than Melee??

Maybe Animal Crossing. Maybe Double Dash? WW? Outside of those few I dunno what else comes close. Melee outsold them all

bluaki

The Nintendo Switch 6.0.0 update went up a couple hours ago and Nintendo Switch Online is out now.

The 6.0 update includes a controller firmware update for Joy-Con and Pro Controller, but nobody knows yet what that update changes. It also adds the ability to link your Nintendo Account to more than one Switch system, similar to how PS4's account system works.

ClassicTyler

I got a membership and downloaded the NES app.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 08:05:16 PMWell personally I would not have bought a Wii if not for Smash. It's probably the only game I put more than 20 hours into on Wii

it's no wonder you undervalue the wii so much lol

i agree that smash probably has the most broad/mass appeal of any flagship nintendo franchise as evidenced by its sales and extreme popularity, but for me personally that isn't true

i do generally prefer mario kart to smash, especially in the case of mk8 vs. sm4sh

mk8 is honestly the best wii u game lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on September 18, 2018, 08:08:27 PMWhat Gamecube game would you say is more definitive than Melee??

it is unarguably melee, but it isn't melee for me lol

but melee is the reason shitty gamecube controllers are still being manufactured and the only reason anyone still cares about the lamecube at all 15 years later

Kalahari Inkantation

Actually, come to think of it, even for me, Melee is the game I most associate with the Gamecube, despite it not being my favorite Gamecube title. befuddlement

but that's probably at least in part due to 15 years of tourneyfreaks screaming about it loudly on the internet

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 18, 2018, 08:28:09 PMbut that's probably at least in part due to 15 years of tourneyfreaks screaming about it loudly on the internet

bluaki

Unlike the Wii U virtual console, Nintendo Switch Online's NES games:

* Don't have any game manual available
* Cannot remap buttons

TooB

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on September 18, 2018, 10:33:56 PMUnlike the Wii U virtual console, Nintendo Switch Online's NES games:

* Don't have any game manual available
* Cannot remap buttons
a big deal

Yet at the same time why

I'm just happy they're multiplayer at least

bluaki

Here's another problem with the NES games: restore points are entirely manual. For every single incarnation of Virtual Console on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, you can go back to the Home menu, choose a different game, then later come back to the game you were playing at exactly the moment you left off at. On Switch, there's absolutely no warning when going back to the list of games and your unsaved progress is just gone unless you navigate through and use the restore point menu before you exit.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on September 19, 2018, 04:27:16 AMHere's another problem with the NES games: restore points are entirely manual. For every single incarnation of Virtual Console on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, you can go back to the Home menu, choose a different game, then later come back to the game you were playing at exactly the moment you left off at. On Switch, there's absolutely no warning when going back to the list of games and your unsaved progress is just gone unless you navigate through and use the restore point menu before you exit.
Wtf that's terrible  saddood;

Go Up