May 04, 2024, 03:10:20 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

well if u dont have a wii u it might be a decent purchase since zelda rules, mario kart 8 also rules and deluxe might be the definitive best mario kart ever when it comes out, and then you will get to hop on the splatoon train later down the line, and i'm sure theres a couple other ports in the tubes too (cough smash cough mario maker) that will make not having a wii u pay off kind of in owning a switch

that said, honestly no harm waiting until like august at the earliest too lol. ARMS might be shit, splatoon 2 might not launch until august, and then it's just indies and maybe some surprises until mario odyssey which will probably be late novemeber

C.Mongler

also GOD DAMN its snowy today and like my entire office isnt here so i had fingers crossed i might be able to play some switch at my desk today...except out of the like 5 people who showed up on my entire floor, it's me, my boss, and the two people who sit inside my cube farm. god dammit.

Commander Fuckass

I also Pre-Ordered Binding of Issac since it might be my favorite game ever.

all in all, Im not disappointed  in my purchase of the Switch
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

i also preordered cuz i would like to have it ON THE GO

Joice

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 14, 2017, 11:13:57 AM
well if u dont have a wii u it might be a decent purchase since zelda rules, mario kart 8 also rules and deluxe might be the definitive best mario kart ever when it comes out, and then you will get to hop on the splatoon train later down the line, and i'm sure theres a couple other ports in the tubes too (cough smash cough mario maker) that will make not having a wii u pay off kind of in owning a switch

that said, honestly no harm waiting until like august at the earliest too lol. ARMS might be shit, splatoon 2 might not launch until august, and then it's just indies and maybe some surprises until mario odyssey which will probably be late novemeber

yeah i will probably wait til later in the year to buy one, i haven't played mario kart since... N64 lmao. not really into racing.

but i do want to play zelda and maybe skyrim remake but i can't really justify buying a console just for one or two games, learned my lesson with the xbox one and halo. :(

??????

Quote from: Joice on March 14, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on March 14, 2017, 11:13:57 AM

yeah i will probably wait til later in the year to buy one, i haven't played mario kart since... N64 lmao. not really into racing.

but i do want to play zelda and maybe skyrim remake but i can't really justify buying a console just for one or two games, learned my lesson with the xbox one and halo. :(
same
I wanna play smash bros but I dont wanna buy a wii for two games *spends 600 on a sweater*

rdl

just get a wii u, theyre probably pretty cheap nowadays.

zelda is maybe about 100 hours of entertainment. that's a pretty good deal moneywise.

C.Mongler

wii u's are the same price they've always been: $250.00. Nintendo stopped production on them months ago lol. they're not rare yet but finding like a brand new mario kart 8 bundle for example is fucking impossible for less than like $350.00. You can get a refurb unit with no games for like 150ish i think.

at this point if you don't have a wii u, there's not much point in getting one considering it's already half the price of the switch lol

C.Mongler

got snake pass last night. i'm only a couple levels in, but it's pretty fun. it's very much a collectathon type game. being a snake is very weird, takes a bit to get used to the controls, but that's part of the fun. kind of like octodad in that regard, but its more of a puzzle platformer than a squigly adventure. hopefully the game becomes more varied as i get deeper into it, becuase i can see myself getting tired of the forumla if it sticks with the "look, there's a pole you can snake around!!!" motif like it's been doing so far, but i've heard good things.

yay a game on the switch wooo

might get has been heroes at gamestop this weekend i dunno, people seem super mixed on that one

Hiro

has been heroes looks like shit
snake pass does look interesting though, i might get it at some point

Thyme

hey so did anyone here have their consoles warp from the heat of the dock?

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

played a couple hours of has been heroes, its actually kinda fun, definitely challenging, tho lacking in variety in some areas and does feel a bit unfair at times. gotta PLAY SOME MORE but i dont feel burned having paid 20 bucks for it

Hiro

people who got switches need to put their damn friend codes on here

YPrrrr

I will once I actually play it. Waiting for my screen protector

Or maybe I'll wait til Mario kart comes out since it's kinda pointless before anyway

Go Up