potd: how many people actually pay for any online game services?

Started by ME##, January 20, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

^^ ps+, psnow, xbl, ffxiv, wow, etc etc

i don't
9 (69.2%)
yes, one
3 (23.1%)
yes, two-four
1 (7.7%)
yes, four-six
0 (0%)
yes, more than six
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: January 22, 2015, 04:39:56 PM

Go Down

Snowy

PS+, XBL, and FFXIV. awdood; Though XBL and PS+ are yearly, and leaving FFXIV for monthly.

bluaki

I voted none but then saw Kaz's post and remembered that I do pay for Pokémon Bank.

I honestly hardly use online gaming at all regardless of price. I don't pay MMOs. On my PS3, the only games I've played online at all are Portal 2 and LBP2, but even then I hardly touched LBP's multiplayer or other online features. I honestly wouldn't miss it if my PS3 somehow lost access to every other online feature except the store. Maybe I'd like some of the PSN+ giveaways, but I haven't bothered looking into it or seriously considering subscribing.

Among Nintendo games, even the ones with bigger online components (Smash, Mario Kart, Pokémon, Animal Crossing), I focus much more on the single-player completion and end up playing online only a little, which still is way more than I ever do with PS3. If Nintendo turned to subscription-only online gameplay, I would consider it but with uncertainty.

Aside from Pokémon Bank, I have exactly three online subscriptions, which aren't gaming-related: Netflix, Amazon Prime Student, and a server.

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 20, 2015, 06:12:08 PM
you mean any future ones released? so long as they're on the 3ds/new 3ds and not exclusive to the new 3ds, then probably yes

but i doubt we'll see more than one new gen of pokemon on the 3ds
I believe we will probably see another Pokémon generation on 3DS. It takes a while (about 2 years) after a new console releases for Gamefreak to put a new Pokémon game on it; we've already seen them release Crystal/Emerald/BW2 after on an old system after a new one had already released.

Based on Nintendo's patterns, my guess for the Pokémon future is:
* In 2015, there might be one more Gen6 game. I doubt it'll use Amiibo, but they might shove it in last minute.
* Gen7 will be on 3DS and start around late 2016.
* N3DS features and Amiibo will probably start to appear with Gen7, but the games will still be playable on regular 3DS.
* Pokémon Bank will be able to transfer your Gen6 Pokémon forward to Gen7. There's a good chance they'll finally allow restricted bidirectional transfer similar to Gen1->Gen2 (no new pokemon or moves can go backward) this time, but there's also a good chance that Gamefreak will once again screw up the details in some incomprehensible way
* The 4DS/Super3DS/whatever will be announced near E3 2016 for a release in 2017.
* Gen8 will start around 2019.

Commander Fuckass

Had PS+ for a couple months, unsubed from it when I stopped playing my PS4 and started playing my XB1 more

And ya $60 a year for XBL
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

YPrrrr

I have PS+ because I like to play games with my friends; the free games they give out are a cool bonus because I don't usually like buying smaller games but now I get to try a lot of them eventually

Go Up