May 18, 2024, 09:55:38 PM

1,531,627 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Sorry State of Amiibos

Started by Hiro, January 13, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 14, 2016, 06:26:07 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-14-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-has-a-new-dungeon

every single one of you is personally responsible for this ghouldood;

each of the millions of dollars being foolishly spent on amiibo is another confirmation for nintendo that its """fans""" are perfectly comfortable with the idea of physical, day-one, on-disc dlc arbitrarily locked behind a $13 paywall that may or may not actually be available on store shelves at msrp due to the tried-and-true artificial scarcity tactic that nintendo loves to use to manufacture demand

any good nintendo fan could have predicted that this would inevitably be the outcome of the amiibo experiment and chosen not to support it, but alas, nintendo has no good fans left

just an army of nostalgia-drunk enablers

an ever-shrinking army, perhaps for the best
sorry tec :(
i just like collecting figures too much...

smithicide;

C.Mongler

also i would totally be into amiibos if i could walk into a store and buy the ones i wanted, but the CAMP OUT FOR WEEKS shit that was going on in the early amiibo frenzy totally set me off. i just wanted like a villager and a ness and maybe a captain falcon BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TooB

Oh hell, I've never "camped out" to get one.
All the ones I have  was just able to find.

C.Mongler

i mean i take a peak at the selection whenever i go to a target or best buy and its always just marios for miles SO FUCK EM

ME##

January 14, 2016, 04:58:42 PM #274 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:12:02 AM by David
what i think would be really innovative on nintendo if it created an amiibo that not only had nfc capabilities but had wifi too.  that way, your kid could take your nfc-equipped phone with credit card information stored inside it and then use it with the wifi-enabled amiboo to buy micro-transactions their game prompted them to.

TooB

The "rare" ones I have, such as Ness, little Mac, and shulk I was just lucky enough to find them at game stop.

Classic

I got King Dedede in the mail. No pictures, a coworker/friend died in a car accident and I've been staying off of social media. Too sad.

I'm expecting Pit from Japan soon. More pictures to come.

Classic

Also thanks to eBay I have ordered the remaining cards from series 1 of the Animal Crossing series. They should all be here in time for me to start collecting series 2.  hocuspocus;

Hiro

I only have Shulk in-box, only got him to trade/sell though
Shovel Knight looks nice, also I NEED EVERY ANIMAL CROSSING AMIIBO AND I HAVE NONE (or Isabelle and KK at the very least ;_;)
Only have 2 packs of the cards and they kinda suck so I'm done with those, one of those official binders with every card would be nice but it's not worth the money/effort to me
I got Chibi-Robo for Christman, and Lucas just the other day~~
Preordered Roy, gonna order Famicom ROB at some point, undecided if I want Cloud, Bayonetta, or Ryu yet
but I think I'm mostly done after that, unless they surprise us with some great new ones

bluaki

Among all existing and known upcoming amiibo, the only ones left that I want are Robin, Lucina, Wolf Link, and Corrin. Hopefully the Fire Emblem figures will get American restocks soon for the Fire Emblem Fates release, but if they don't, I'll just not get Lucina or Robin. I won't pay more than MSRP for them.

Quote from: Tectron on February 06, 2016, 12:13:40 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/93010/nintendo-sells-over-20-million-amiibo-215-million-amiibo-cards

I and several other boyagers are partially responsible giggle;

The 21.5 million amiibo cards surprises me a little. I don't doubt that they count every individual card as one "unit" (6 cards per SKU in America, 3 in Japan), but even then it doesn't seem like any of the Animal Crossing stuff is as popular as the Smash figures.

C.Mongler

i'm sorry tec

i bought a lucas yesterday  >.<

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

Go Up