May 25, 2024, 01:07:15 PM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: ADX on March 31, 2017, 03:33:51 PM
anyone dl that new patch? i havent. apparently it fixes some of the framerate issues.
i also heard that the difference is negligible

C.Mongler

it seems a bit better imotbh

its not perfect but its better so ill take it

has ninty ever really done a performance patch b4 tho, this is weird lol

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 01, 2017, 10:13:59 AM

Pokemon gens 6 and 7

TooB

C.Mongler

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 01, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

Pokemon gens 6 and 7
were those performance patches or bugfix patches tho? i dont follow them closely enuff, legit don't know. i know they've fixed stuff that's glitchy and/or gamebreaking which duh they should, but by performance i meant literally made the game run better/more optimised

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 02, 2017, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 01, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

Pokemon gens 6 and 7
were those performance patches or bugfix patches tho? i dont follow them closely enuff, legit don't know. i know they've fixed stuff that's glitchy and/or gamebreaking which duh they should, but by performance i meant literally made the game run better/more optimised
yeah, pretty sure it was just bug fixes

rdl

it's still pretty laggy for me, fought some moblins by death mountain and the game still almost crashed when i knocked the big dope onto the ground.

Nyerp

yeah the game freezes for me all the time while fighting moblins

Samus Aran

Yeah Moblins fuck up the game more than anything else. They cause some pretty severe frame rate drops sometimes.

Hiro

not had any big issues but i'm playing the switch version and i suspect most of you are playing on wii u

Samus Aran

Quote from: ƕɾο on April 02, 2017, 07:41:59 PM
not had any big issues but i'm playing the switch version and i suspect most of you are playing on wii u

they have the exact same frame dropping issues lol, even nintendo confirmed pre-release that they had the same performance

it's not as if we're saying that moblins always slow down the game, but i at least am saying that when it comes to frame drops during combat, moblins are usually specifically involved

the more "consistent" frame drops tho are just minor ones due to movement-heavy environments, like a lot of long grass, as most people noted early on

TooB

This is mostly true, but according to various sources, the switch version handles it a bit better in specific areas, such as kakariko.

It's nothing major of course.

Samus Aran

i mean yeah given the inherent processing power increase i'd expect a small improvement but it's known that the switch version still has frame rate issues for sure

also, speaking of moblins and frame rate issues, literally just had a moblin make my game chuggy like an hour ago. it seems to happen most once you kill them or knock them down. there's something weird about their ragdoll physics that the game doesn't like

Hiro

i'm aware they're basically the same but yeah the switch does have a few less framerate issues due to processing power

Go Up