October 02, 2024, 03:25:59 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i got that new platinum korra game

Started by Patrick Stickles, October 21, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

apparently nobody liked it and i had some money so i was like hell why not

it's not that bad but it's not that great. the camera can kind of fuck you over and the game switches between lock on mode and non-lock on mode for seemingly no reason. firebending is basically pointless i think? it's supposed to be fast close combat stuff but it's not fast enough and doesn't do enough damage to really be useful. earthbending is fun as shit because it's like "fuck the counter and dodge system eat rocks" which is pretty true to the show. waterbending is your basic projectile, and airbending probably exists in a later chapter

the only other platinum game i have is revengeance and that just feels a lot better in terms of combat flow, like you feel like you can appropriately parry in that game and when you don't it's like "oops my bad". in this game it's a lot like "wtf how was i supposed to counter that?" and i say counter because other benders have a bazillion fucking hp at first (and when they throw 3 at you before you get earthbending it's a lot like what the fuck am i supposed to do oh counter except oh wait everyone's attacking at once and lock on isn't working) and the only real way to appropriately hurt other benders is via counter. the chi blocker random dudes go down pretty quick tho

some bosses are just damage sponges but their attack patterns are pretty easy to get

the medal system is atrocious and i have no idea how to get platinum medals on anything but i have done so a few times, i mostly get bronzes and silvers whereas in reveangence i at least got like a's and b's so i think i'm not the worst at these kind of games but who knows maybe i am?
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up