July 05, 2024, 06:46:30 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

help me find game to play

Started by strongbad, July 15, 2014, 01:43:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

jumping on platforms, but in combination with modern game engines. brand new concept. wave of the future.

TooB

the future is licensed games. LJN will make a full-force comeback.
Bring on a new Friday the 13th game!!

Snowy

Quote from: Jojo on July 15, 2014, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on July 15, 2014, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on July 15, 2014, 02:17:02 PM
dark souls

agree w/this actually. its easy to play souls in small increments because plus obviously very challenging. maybe not increments as small as 20 minutes but still

no idea how well the pc port thats on steam compares to the ps3 or 360 version though
pc port of first dark souls, bad
Port of ds2, good
but the PC version of DaS 1 is the best version though. If you take 5 seconds to install DSFix it runs at 60fps, 1080p, etc.

Kalahari Inkantation

July 15, 2014, 05:55:13 PM #18 Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:17:10 PM by Tectron
isn't dark souls rife with glitches and other ill consequences at 60fps because the physics engine depends on it only ever running at half that speed at all times lol

silvertone

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: udderfailure on July 15, 2014, 03:53:31 PM
idk about dark souls. i should probably give it another chance because i think i should like it but idk...

this game looks cool:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248820/

Risk of rain is a really great game and pretty much fits exactly what you're looking for.
DOES NOT have randomly generated levels, though. Each stage is static and does not change format, but there are multiple stages which can be drawn from when you teleport after defeating a level boss.

There are a lot of characters to unlock and each one I've encountered so far play radically different than the next. The sniper relies on quickly linking kills together while the enforcer is slow and is pretty much forced to take advantage of walls and ledges to provide cover to clear a stage, etc. Plenty of unlocks and modifiers to keep things fresh.

The only gripe is, a full completed end-game run can take up to an hour to complete.

What about FTL? Easy to pick up in spurts, has random and rewarding playthroughs and plenty of shit to work towards and unlock. Super hard though and there is quite a bit of reliance on the RNG in some areas to get you good encounters and gear.

Also, Binding of Isaac is one of my favorite games and is perfect for picking up in short bursts. The reboot of the game and its dlc is in the works though and it looks like it's going to be a lot better than the current version.

I'm a huge fan of those rogue-like-ish games.

strongbad

risk of rain is pretty cool so far
really fuckin hard

yeah I've thought about getting into FTL for a while but it seems kind of intense
will probably pick up eventually

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: udderfailure on July 17, 2014, 11:18:36 AM
risk of rain is pretty cool so far
really fuckin hard

yeah I've thought about getting into FTL for a while but it seems kind of intense
will probably pick up eventually
the first few times you play it is confusing and overwhelming but you eventually pick it up and its fun as shit

i still havent beat it though.

Snowy

Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 05:55:13 PM
isn't dark souls rife with glitches and other ill consequences at 60fps because the physics engine depends on it only ever running at half that speed at all times lol
Not that I found any.

Hiro

strongbad

Quote from: y-i on July 18, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
don't play video games.

That has been a factor, actually. Ive decided that mountain biking is basically a really technical video game that has lots of customization.. And risk lol

Geno

Dota 2. It's the best game to pick up and play when you got nothing else to play.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Thyme

good thing i've got plenty to play goowan

Go Up