June 04, 2024, 02:19:45 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls 2

Started by TooB, March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on January 04, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
frigid outskirts suck

finally finished this trash

i will not be braving this area in any subsequent playthroughs

now just to take on the ivory king himself

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 06, 2015, 04:47:35 AM
Quote from: Tectron on January 04, 2015, 06:04:46 PM
frigid outskirts suck

finally finished this trash

i will not be braving this area in any subsequent playthroughs

now just to take on the ivory king himself
make sure you find at least two white knights

Kalahari Inkantation

January 06, 2015, 07:36:00 PM #227 Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:03:35 PM by Tectron
i managed to find them all

ivory king down, and with that, i've slain every single boss in both the base game and dlc and i'm now completely finished with my first playthrough

total soul memory: 6,884,931

[spoiler]

total souls lost or spent on anything other than leveling: 2,028,392 goodjob;[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

good job tec wrench;

let's co-op it eventually.

Kalahari Inkantation

yyy

we'll have to wear name-engraved rings because otherwise i'm just a few thousand souls outside of your summon range, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue

Kalahari Inkantation

you guys should take a look at the patch notes for the scholar of the first sin update

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/108136899811/attention-dark-souls-ii-fans-a-free-update-will

highlights include:

• Added new character, The Scholar of the First Sin.

• Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
  • Players will gain access to a new item: The Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.

• White phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
  • Made it easier for players to match online in general.

• Calibrations no longer saved each time before the title screen.
  • Host vanquishes invading grey spirit (Bell Keeper): (1 of the following) Titanite Chunk, Titanite Slab, Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone.

it's going to be a very different experience the second time around lol

i will greatly appreciate no longer being restricted by soul memory limitations and the previously insurmountable scarcity of twinkling titanite

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 28, 2015, 12:08:01 PM
you guys should take a look at the patch notes for the scholar of the first sin update

http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/108136899811/attention-dark-souls-ii-fans-a-free-update-will

highlights include:

• Added new character, The Scholar of the First Sin.

• Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
  • Players will gain access to a new item: The Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.

• White phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
  • Made it easier for players to match online in general.

• Calibrations no longer saved each time before the title screen.
  • Host vanquishes invading grey spirit (Bell Keeper): (1 of the following) Titanite Chunk, Titanite Slab, Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone.

it's going to be a very different experience the second time around lol

i will greatly appreciate no longer being restricted by soul memory limitations and the previously insurmountable scarcity of twinkling titanite
I fully plan to replay all of Dark Souls 2 after this update. I kinda want them to add a few new trophies also. I'll still have my plat so it would be cool to have some extra things to aim for

Kalahari Inkantation

update was rolled out yesterday, and with it some p. massive changes lol

there is one time-sensitive addition: anyone who missed out on obtaining the limited edition special weapons like i did the first time around now has a new opportunity to pick them up from the chest in the majula mansion for a limited time, pick them up asap

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 05, 2015, 01:50:27 PM
update was rolled out yesterday, and with it some p. massive changes lol

there is one time-sensitive addition: anyone who missed out on obtaining the limited edition special weapons like i did the first time around now has a new opportunity to pick them up from the chest in the majula mansion for a limited time, pick them up asap
yes.... i can't wait to play through it a 4th time.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on December 12, 2015, 10:16:22 PM
Tec we need to co-op Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the White Zin!

yes we do

my third ps4 should be coming in later this week, i'll keep you up to date dittodood;

what's your soul memory btw

are you still in the harvest valley area

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 12, 2015, 11:03:07 PM
Quote from: Loto on December 12, 2015, 10:16:22 PM
Tec we need to co-op Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the White Zin!

yes we do

my third ps4 should be coming in later this week, i'll keep you up to date dittodood;

what's your soul memory btw

are you still in the harvest valley area
i don't recall lvl.
but i haven't played since then, so yes still in harvest valley

Kalahari Inkantation

john, we may have to do this closer to 9 or 10 your time tonight if that's okay with you y/n

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 29, 2015, 04:08:10 PM
john, we may have to do this closer to 9 or 10 your time tonight if that's okay with you y/n
ok. Make sure you get the soapstone from pate in forest of fallen giants.

TooB

You do have ps plus right?

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up